"Are you humble enough to admit you were wrong?"

by stuckinarut2 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

That is a question I want to calmly and politely ask a witness next time I interact with them. Perhaps at a cart.

"The bible says we should be Humble. May I ask, are you humble enough to admit you were wrong on things you believe? Would you be humble enough to examine this?"

I wonder how that would go?

Then introduce one or two points only to them about the Societies beliefs or practices...

Thoughts?

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    Yes, I'm humble enough to be corrected if needed. But the things I believe are true, so no need to be corrected.

After introducing doctrinal issues, they'd go

Yeah, we'll have to wait on Jehovah to clear that up. I'm thay humble!

Poinless exercition concluded. Sorry.

• Steel
    Steel

An elder got up and called my wife a stain in the congregation right in front of me.

Real humble

• contramundum
    contramundum

Most JW elders have no humility and no compassion.

When a woman in my congregation dared to question why prohibitions were placed on her (the innocent party) for divorcing her husband (a well known serial adulterer) she was told to be humble and just accept the decision, however unfair it seemed.

Elders do not react well to being shown that they are not always right.

• jp1692
    jp1692

They will SAY they are, but they aren’t, not in any of the important ways that really matter.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    I wonder how that would go?

The exact same way everything else goes with them. They are right because they were wrong but now are right. According to them, the bible is right because the bible says so, which means that they are right by default because they say that it's the bible talking, not them, and the bible is right because the bible says so.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Wouldn't they first need to admit they could be wrong? They know they're not wrong so why would they bother.

Worth a try though.

• LV101
    LV101

I realize there are some kind, good, caring, elders but reading the posts above makes me ill. I knew a couple of jerks but I shunned them - LOL - one has to stand up to disordered characters.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jws have a indoctrinated arrogance that they have the truth over all other Christian based faiths, of course that is quite incorrect. it is very much is false commercialized prophet organized into a religion.

The Gospel preached by the WTS is not the Gospel written into scripture.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

An elder got up and called my wife a stain in the congregation right in front of me.

Time to stain his fucking shirt from the blood running out of his broken nose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit