How did Revelation make it in the bible?? It's a drug fuelled trip!

by Witness 007 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Abraham1
    Abraham1

If not Guardian, go for Aljazira. It had one interview which brought out even more serious details than Guardian, or

https://theconversation.com/what-big-oil-knew-about-climate-change-in-its-own-words-170642

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Aby - I do not believe the media because they are usually agenda driven and part of a left or right wing propaganda drive.

We can all just pick the media that acts as an echo chamber for us or says what we want it to say.

Having said that, I still can't see what you're asserting from vague words in old writings. How do you know it isn't relating to something totally different in a different time?

• Abraham1
    Abraham1

There are unscriptural things in the Bible such as Numbers 31:17, 18.

There are also very good things in the Bible such as real truth about God (Mathew 5:43-48), and prophecies about our time even JWs missed. https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5753573437603840/missed-opportunity-jehovahs-witnesses

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Aby - prophecies about our time

Oooooh, I don't know. I'm sure we want to believe it's our time because the world isn't all that grand...and I'm not being a nay-sayer, just relating to the people in it.

If these were 'prophecies', which I highly doubt are credible; how do we know it isn't relating to a thousand years from now?

This is what I struggle with now I'm not religious. I'm sure that using scriptures you could prove a green dragon lives in Nebuchadnezzar's garage in Toronto.

There are unscriptural things in the Bible such as Numbers 31:17, 18.

Strike a light, mate. Are you a believer or not?

• Abraham1
    Abraham1

am a believer and disbeliever at the same time. I disbelieve all human thoughts in the Scriptures and believe all truths found therein. This is not ironical because Bible itself reminded about the possibility of unauthorized adding to it in many places (such as Deuteronomy 4:2; Revelation 22:18, 19) Such frequent warnings found in the Bible shows that human thoughts would creep into Bible—and it is to be dealt with accordingly. It need not be a matter of surprise, nor gives reason to think that God is unable to protect His word, or if some untruth is found in the Bible it means the whole Bible automatically cease to be God’s word. For people like me, untruth is untruth and truth is truth wherever it is found. Even if there is only one verse in the Bible that is truth, we need to accept that verse.

Regarding your question “how do we know it isn't relating to a thousand years from now?” It is not about future period because Scientists tell us we have the last chance to save this earth, to cut co2 emission fully.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg25033310-800-climate-emergency-the-new-science-showing-its-make-or-break-time/. This is the reason why COP26 was held.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Aby - A believer and not. Fair enough, mate. All power to your elbow.

Regarding your question “how do we know it isn't relating to a thousand years from now?” It is not about future period because Scientists tell us we have the last chance to save this earth, to cut co2 emission fully.

Scientists say plenty. I'm not convinced that it means the scriptures relate to now or that there's even a climate 'emergency' as they like to carp on about.

Count me as a sceptic.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I believe the book of Revelation is relevant for our day. It fits in well with the rest of the Scriptures regarding the coming tribulation or great suffering (NET). Quite a few passages in the OT directly or indirectly refer to the “great tribulation” and connected events (Is. 2:10, 19, 21; 13:10, 11; Amos 8:9, 11, 12; Hag. 2:6; cf. Hebr. 12:26-29). In addition, nearly two thirds of the book of Joel describes tribulation parallels (Joel, chapter 1 & 2). Approximately 13% of Jesus’ Olivet discourse comprises information about the “great tribulation” (Matt. 24:15-28). Nearly a third of the book of Revelation (chapters 6-9, 11, 15, 16) deals exclusively with tribulation related developments. Prophetic chronology of both Daniel and Revelation points to important facets of the tribulation period (Dan. 8:11-14, 25; 12:1, 7, 11, 12; Rev. 11:2, 3). But to understand it you must connect the dots. The Tribulation can be viewed as a judgment period. According to available evidence, only a third of the world’s population will survive.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Remember, in those ancient times not everybody could read....scholars keep working and now more or less everything goes along with everthing in the Bible. Revelation at the end have a thing like closing too. Pretty much they agreed on what was in or out. They were not even 'catholics' at that time. I think Revelation's literary value is outstanding.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Craziness at best and Watchtower went nuts with it with the revelations book. Bull and nonsense.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Whoever wrote Revelation, I wouldn’t mind a drag on whatever it was he was smoking!

It sounds like it was bloody good stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit