Doctrines and Bible Interpretations

by IWant2Know 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Duran
    Duran
    For example, do you know Prince Charles personally? Or do you just know some facts about him?

Fact: Charles is a so-called 'king' now.

Can you even say something like, "Thank you Jesus for dying for my sins?

Sins that your father decided that ALL people would inherit because the first two people he created listened to your evil brother who your father also created.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer
    Modern Judaism doesn't count blood transfusions as eating blood.
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

LOL at myself. Yes King Charles, formerly Prince Charles. Half asleep as I try to make my point.

• TD
    TD

Actually, it's not. Many Orthodox Jews have the same doctrine:

Completely wrong. The document you source was not even written by a Jewish person, much less a Rabbi. (Ten Commandments? Seriously?)

Even more puzzling is that the document conflates JW beliefs, including their strange categorization of blood components, with Judaism.

Speaking as a Jewish person, if you want real, factual discussions authored by Jewish attorneys, physicians, and Rabbis, I would recommend this site:

https://www.jlaw.com/Articles/

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    but doesn't reading those promises incorrectly result in...everlasting destruction

@Iwant2know

I don't think that it is possible to read God's promises incorectly. They are clear enough. The problem is that for whatever reason, some choose not to receive them.

Do you receive the promises of God?

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

Quote: "I would like to know if ex's and formers who are not church Christians, believe that many of JWs' doctrines and Bible interpretations are correct, or do you feel that they aren't?"

-----------

I would like to express what I have been taught from Bible , on matter ....

(an input on Bible's prophecies regarding the latter days)

Let consider that my english language's knowledges level is low , so have patience while reading ....

https://thelatterdayschronology.blogspot.com/2021/01/the-latter-days-chronology-after.html

------------------------------

see also a list of scriptures concerning "God's people"...

https://www.facebook.com/Seeker4GodsKingdom/posts/1596983540587058

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

As far as doctrinal matters that are “unique” to JWs, a lot of them aren’t unique but rather taken from Millerites, which sourced after various schisms and disappointments into Christadelphians, Adventists, various Bible Student denominations and one of those Millerite sects is the WTBTS. They all believe in a soon to be end of day.

I recently learned that Heavens Gate also had similarly millenarian views and evangelical Christian theories that closely aligned with JW/WTBTS/Millerites, they just added UFOs and kool-aid.

CT Russell also had influence from the prevailing spiritualism and Egyptology craze in his neck of the woods which is also where Mormons get some of their stuff.

As far as the Jewish view on blood, they believe that saving life is more sacred than strict adherence to law. The law in Judaism is an ideal guideline more than a strict law, they don’t have the same concept of sin or either current or future divine retribution.

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

Anony has anyone ever put together a list of JW doctrines and where they came from before Russel said they were his ideas?

I would like to see again the pre JW idea of 607 77weeks to 1914

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Interpretation of Ancient Texts is only properly done by appreciating the milieu in which the Writer lived,hence his cultural background and Theology etc. and then we can understand what was in his mind, and what was not. We need to ask too, what did he wish his readers, his contemporaries, to understand his words to mean ?

Only then can we get a real understanding, i.e by the proper use of Exegesis.

Looking at things like Ancient Texts through the wrong end of the Telescope, with a 21st Century "eye" is silly, as is making assumptions first such as the Biblical Works are the "Word of God" in some way.

The way the J.W Org. "interprets" the Bible is just plain wrong, ignorant in the extreme, and very childish and VERY silly !

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Using eisegesis you can prove the Bible-based teaching that Jesus appointed Joseph Rutherford to be His Faithful Slave on April 6th 1919 at Brooklyn headquarters while in the boardroom sipping tea with12 other appointees.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit