Doctrines and Bible Interpretations

by IWant2Know 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LV101
    LV101

Yes -- I think it's spelled Leoleila - obviously more than 3 syllables but that spelling doesn't look right. If I figure out I'll let ya know. I never made/had time to read. As far as I know she stopped posting moons ago, but I miss a lot of posts.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I want to know asks โ€œSo why is the world still so messed up?โ€

the same reason that it always has been messed up. Free will. When given a choice between 2different goods, we , humans as a whole, will chose the lesser good.

Thatโ€™s the evil, us, as a whole, continuing to chose the lesser good over the greater good.

TTWSYF

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    Riley:
    The whole " Other sheep " and " Little Flock " being the heavenly hopers and the earth hopers , 1914 and 1919, just became too bloody stupid for any real student of the bible. The WTS at its core is just voiding the new testament for anyone but the governing body.

Couldn't agree more! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• TD
    TD

Also, she had a picture of a young girl in her avatar probably in her early twenties, although by now she would be much older looking if she used a current picture.

Are you perhaps thinking of Leolaia?

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/users/7002/Leolaia

(Her avatar was/is the actress, Carey Mulligan from Dr. Who)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Why is the world still messed up?

Because Jesus Christ's parousia is still future. Until then, Jesus is only ruling in the hearts of those who have repented and believed His gospel. Nothing to do with 1874, 1914, 1919, men in New York or religion.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

During my first year away from Watchtower I simply felt they were like the bad kings of Isreal or the Pharisees due to the general meanness, the Child abuse issues, the stance on lying about finances (theocratic strategy), and stealing from seniors (widows and orphans).

After 10 years of reading, I doubt the Bible is God's word. Abraham heard voices no one else did....saw things no one else saw.. heard "god," tell him to sacrifice his son. Today, he would be treated as a mental patient...not the founder of a religion.

• IWant2Know
    IWant2Know
    TTWSYF
    I want to know asks โ€œSo why is the world still so messed up?โ€
    the same reason that it always has been messed up. Free will. When given a choice between 2different goods, we , humans as a whole, will chose the lesser good.
    Thatโ€™s the evil, us, as a whole, continuing to chose the lesser good over the greater good.
    TTWSYF

That sounds like a dangerous thing that Jehovah created.

• IWant2Know
    IWant2Know
    TD
    Are you perhaps thinking of Leolaia?
    https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/users/7002/Leolaia
    (Her avatar was/is the actress, Carey Mulligan from Dr. Who)

Yes, sir. That's her.

• IWant2Know
    IWant2Know
    Vanderhoven7 said:
    Why is the world still messed up?
    Because Jesus Christ's parousia is still future. Until then, Jesus is only ruling in the hearts of those who have repented and believed His gospel. Nothing to do with 1874, 1914, 1919, men in New York or religion.

So, is this supposed to continue on as long as humans are on this planet?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    So, is this supposed to continue on as long as humans are on this planet?

No, just until the Jews decide to accept Jesus as their King.

โ€œI will pour out on the house of David and on the people of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace (unmerited favor) and supplication. And they will look at Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him as one who weeps bitterly over a firstborn. 11 In that day there shall be a great mourning in Jerusalem, like the mourning of [the city of] Hadadrimmon in the Valley of [d]Megiddo [over beloved King [e]Josiah]..... 14 all the families that remain, each by itself, and their wives by themselves [each with an overwhelming individual regret for having blindly rejected their Messiah]. - Zech. 12: 10 AMP

For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.- Matt. 23: 39 KJV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit