Mark Sanderson

by Iamallcool 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Smiles
    Smiles

...and that Mark Sanderson/courtship rumor spawned from imaginative speculation over a comment by Sanderson while opening the 2021 annual meeting where he flattered the live in-person audience with this statement:

"Well, I've seen many annual meeting audiences, but I have to say, you're the most beautiful audience I have seen, for a variety of reasons."

Sanderson appeared to direct the latter part of that compliment to a specific section of the audience seated to his left. Sanderson's face also appeared to have blushed during his remark.

That interaction was observed during live-stream of the annual meeting, but is omitted from the video recording presently available on jw. org, causing a few to speculate it may have been a flirtatious Sanderson gaffe faux pas targeting a romantic interest present in the audience.

Since such behavior would typically be out of character for a member of the JW governing body on platform, most viewers understood Sanderson's words in the context of the audience being an exceptionally "beautiful" sight to behold as the first major in-person assembly of JWs after nearly two years of pandemic social distancing; however, Sanderson describing that particular audience as beautiful "for a variety of reasons" adds some complexity to interpreting exactly what/who Sanderson praised as "the most beautiful"

That was October 2021. It is now March 2022... and remembering JW teaching frowns upon extended courtships (increases likelihood of pre-marital sex sins) Sanderson is, to-date, still reported as unmarried. So, if Sanderson is courting, pressure would be mounting for him to finalize or abort.

It is well known that Mark Sanderson has long despised jest about his marital status, thus he did himself no favor by that ambiguously flirtatious comment to a large adoring audience which included several single ladies with ambitious culty fingers.

• hoser
    hoser

Apparently Sanderson started partaking when he was 19 years old. He must have had lofty ambitions in his youth or he suffers from delusions of grandeur.

• waton
    waton
    Apparently Sanderson started partaking when he was 19 years old

H: well, for wt believers that means being part of the "bride", feelings that in a different way are powerful at the period in life.

He is cooperating with D. Splane, who, in that "timing chart" talk, in so many words said, that 2 centenarians overlapping by ~ 20 years like Frederik Frannz and now M. Sanderson,* would bring the overlap generation to 2075. 1914 + 2x (100-19) = ~2075.

* assuming that M.S. just as the example cited, was 19 in 19192, and lived past 100.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Well I was told that Mark Sanderson started partaking when he was in his 30’s. He went camping with another brother. He asked him when did he started partaking.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Smiles - "Two insiders have separately remarked that behind the HQ curtain Mark Sanderson is wresting greater internal dominance within the JW organisation, steering hard turns by well-crafted agenda... For reasons yet to be fully understood (beyond stamina factors) the senior brass have yielded Sanderson unusual latitude in some strategic areas of organisational command that are expected to further modify the religion's profile, and significantly impact lives of PIMI membership... Sanderson may appear jolly, but he is also cunning."

Huh.

Wouldn't have thought that by the look of 'im.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The notion that the GB and helpers are jovial bumbling imbeciles is way off. They are descended from Rutherford. Right down to hostile takeovers.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Right down to hostile takeovers.

That’s not beyond the realms of reality either.

if only thr R&F could see beyond their blinkered vision.

If only……

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't know anything about this bloke. I'm honestly not interested in him.

But, looking at him, I wouldn't trust him in a white van outside a kindergarten.

He reminds me of that UK SAGE fraud, Chris Whiity.

• careful
    careful

As for the OP's original question, after a long number of years in full-time service, and especially Bethel service, a singe person can get his/her own room at HQ. Mark Sanderson, like Freddie Franz, would qualify. Also GB members, as we all know, get special perks—like going to heaven—so his own room is no problem!

As for personal info, he has an older sister name Kim who though raised in with Mark, did not stay in, going off to the "desires incidental to youth" early on. She was very cute in her early teen years and loved "the world." She ran around with wild, worldly boys. I heard she became a nurse. His mom died over 10 years ago, a kind thin woman, but evidently his pudgy dad Doug is still alive, though I'm not sure. Mark looks a lot like Doug but is even fatter now.

As a teen Mark was sort of organisationally nerdy, collecting old WTS publications, eager to talk about Charles Taze Russell, or excited about getting an original Emphatic Diaglott by Fowler and Wells (pre-WTS printer). If you would work in FS with him, he'd talk about how the heavenly inheritance was the more glorious destiny. Back then he seemed like a WTS romantic. I have an old contact in San Diego who has related some of this to me.

Mark never partook of the memorial emblems while in San Diego, but as soon as he finished high school, he left for Canada to pioneer. Then he lost no time in partaking there at 18 years old. It caused some controversy in the local congregation as you can imagine.

A "company man" indeed: "the senior brass have yielded Sanderson unusual latitude in some strategic areas of organisational command." It is typical of the older GB members to let the younger members among them basically run the show. Look at how Ted Jaracz, then the youngest GB member, took over things back in the early 1980s. Now it is the two youngest ones, Sanderson and Jackson who are setting the pace.

Likely the old guard are tired, and in their eyes the younger members represent the org's future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit