Welcome to all the Newbies in the last six months

by smiddy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome all you new ones. I would love to hear your stories if you haven't already introduced yourself in a thread yet, I am always interested in how people woke up.

Lisa 🌹

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Thanks for the welcome. 5 months here. Glad to be here and glad to be free of FOG. I really appreciate the support here.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I am enjoying every day of freedom some 50 years after leaving that miserable excuse for a religion.

Welcome new ones!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's great that so many are seeing TTATT and getting out of the Cult. And, so great that many seem to be successful in leaving with their entire family! . . . . . Welcome! You'll find great support here. . . . Doc

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

Kia Ora all, born in, approaching middle age, was never hard out Uber style but pretty regular until I built up the courage to look at jwfacts and read coc and that was it cold turkey walk away, no more friends and family are doing their best to shun me, usual story, I find TTATT to be like having cancer and getting chemo, it makes you sicker before you can get better... Nice to be here

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

Hello I'm a newbie and I'm mad I didnt join sooner! Everyone has been very supportive and its been nice to vent.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

Please tell us what led you to question the WT...

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

@Ding, I began having doubts within a couple of years after i was baptized which was at age 16 but like most jw's I suppressed these thoughts. The clarification on the generation teaching was the beginning of the end for me in 2007, along with various hypocrisy and man-worship I have seen in the org. Not to mention their flip flops on predicting the end and their stance on blood and what can be accepted. I didnt completely leave until 2010 when i was about 22.

• Ding
    Ding

I thought the change in the generation teaching would cause more of the older JWs to question because it contradicts what they've been taught all their lives, but it seems to have had more of an impact on younger ones.

Perhaps older JWs have invested so many years in the WT that they don't see anything to gain by leaving or by risking being DFd, whereas younger ones want to cut their losses and get out.

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

@ding yes I think so too. I only had about 5 years invested and still young. As far as the generation teaching, an elder had told me that alot of jws have been leaving the truth over it. I already had doubts about it so little did he know, he helped my exit indirectly with that information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit