Question: Can't You Just Ignore A Judicial Committee?

by Sorry 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, by saying something along the lines of "I would like my legal representative present for all meetings", they will cancel .

They do not want any outsiders to witness the inappropriate proceedings that occur behind the "judicial" closed doors!

In no other area of life is such conduct appropriate. 3 vs 1 and no recordings permitted, is simply wrong, wrong, wrong!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I nominate Sorry for the "I was a Witness for 30 seconds" award.

Your lack of understanding about the organization you say you were a part of is PHENOMINAL!

Could you do us a favor and post a photo of your JW ID card so we can know you really were a member?

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2

Just after being reinstated this year, I was sent a letter saying that someone in the congregation made allegations that I was involved in spiiritism. After the two hour grilling by a very aggressive elder when I was called to the KH unexpectedly, I did not want to go through that again, so I did not attend. Even though they knew my address you cannot find the cottage unless you are told where it is. Surprise surprise, the window cleaner was a JW and told them where it was!! Needless to say he was given his marching orders after that!! Anyway the two elders turned up here and disfellowshipped me on my own doorstep. They told me I could appeal, but I knew it would be unsuccessful and after all that I was relieved to be free again. I have lost family contact again but even when I got it back for a while I did not enjoy it as its like trying to have a relationship with Stepford robots! There is nothing I am missing out on by not being part of it.

If the lady in question does not get DF, they will be watching her every move and will make life very uncomfortable!! x

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2

I also tried to insist that another sister was present during the JC meeting as I was a woman on my own in a locked room with 3 men! They refused of course!! x

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Getting back to the OP by Sorry .....

It you don't show up and ignore their requests, are they still allowed to df you? Will they take it as an admission of guilt or will they just give up and move on?

Yes by their own construct or rules.

If a person is Baptized within this faith and its witnessed that this person is behaving outside the directives by another recognized in good standing JWS, that person can be DFed in abstention if they wont attend a JC meeting.

If an individual is not baptized and hasn't attended any meeting for awhile its up to the elders if they want to contact an individual, not necessarily to proceed toward a JC meeting but as an act of encouragement.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You can ignore EVERYTHING.

Ignore Tornados.

Ignore Hurricanes.

Understand, however, that events have CONSEQUENCES. Sometimes you can't ignore those consequences.

Let the reader use discernment. Selah.

• honest
    honest

Tell your cousin to tell the elders that geoffrey Jackson said under oath at the Australian royal commission that they don't pursue inactive ones. why would they go against what the GB says?

• Stirred
    Stirred

Good review for me. Let me know if I could require that my husband be in the room with me though he's longer inactive than I.

Thank you

SNS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit