Prince and addictive drugs…a possible loophole?

by Londo111 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
  • Londo111
    Londo111

I should say my opening post was not a criticism of medications or those who get addicted to strong drugs, often starting out taking them for good medical reasons. It is a problem many have struggled with no matter the religion.

But my intention is discussing how a JW can be apparently can be “in good standing” while addicted to strong drugs, and not subject to a judicial committee.

Of course, the interference of elders in a person’s life can only make the problem worse.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Millie, unless it has recently changed, pilots were restricted from all antidepressants if they fly a plane. I think that is rather counterproductive don't you? If a pilot is depressed, or bi polar etc, I wouldn't rather that pilot keep it a secret and stay depressed,, etc., while flying me around!

• millie210
    millie210

Hi, nonjwspouse!

I agree!

Yes that rule for pilots has changed for the reasons you mentioned above., it was ruled archaic and now pilots can take what they need to have.

I only have one area where I feel strongly on this and that is when an elder goes in to a back room and sits in judgement on a young person (or any person).

They dont need their lives altered in any way by someone who is struggling in their own life, or whose mental clarity is impaired by a medications side effects or the impairment of needing a medication that they are not taking.

This dilemma, cuts both ways.

Just one more way we know for sure that there is no "holy spirit" attending these meetings.

• sparky1
    sparky1

I could not agree with you more, millie210. If someone does not have their own mental and emotional life in order, they have NO right to sit in judgment of another human being that is struggling with their own issues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit