chasing me for a report

by Phoebe 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

It sounds as if your relative has threatened to sue someone personally if this matter isn't dropped, and or the loving Watchtower Society smells another law suit coming their way so they've commanded your elders to treat you like Typhoid Mary, until you go away. Personally, I hope you will tell them that if this matter isn't dealt with, you will be seeking legal counsel.

As far as turning in time goes, I'm guessing (like the good little JW sister your were taught to be) you're being far to nice. I finally said to the brother that kept calling me for my time, "Look, I know you're just doing your job and I don't mean to be rude but if I have any time to report, I'LL CALL YOU. Until then, DO NOT CALL ME ABOUT THIS, AGAIN."

If they ask you anything about your future as a JW, end the conversation and don't tell them anything further.

That worked for me and I hope that after all those years of carrying such a burden and then this most recent slap in the face, you'll have the energy left to say what needs to be said, just this one last time, simply to get them off your back.

• zeb
    zeb

there was a court case in Victoria Australia (sorry cant supply a link) where the wt lawyers said in court that the wt the elders the min servants do not require the recording of hours. This brought the biggest "Huh!" from the jw in the gallery.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Hi everyone,

I just want to say thank you to you all for your love, support, advice and virtual hugs.

You have no idea how much it means to me to get this kind of support and advice from all of you.

I will take on board everything you have said and follow your good advice.

As it happens I bumped into the same elder in town yesterday (My town is very small pop 2,400) after his wife hugged me and said we miss you, the elder kept on and on at me 'so when are you coming back?. ' we will see you at the meetings again soon?' I deflected all his questions and even as I said good by he continued on as I walked away 'so, you'll be at the meeting soon, then?'

I felt so pressurized by him but I although I consider myself a fairly meek and mild person, I am a quite determined person and I will not be going back. As someone once said 'when the bell has rung, how can you un-ring it?' Knowing what we've found out how could anyone go back, unless it's for family reasons.

I suspect I will continue to be harassed, although not by the elders I first went to as neither of them seem to have the guts. They send this elder - their lackey.

Thank you all for having my back...you maybe virtual friends but you've already all show me more compassion that a life time of being a JW.

xxx

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Phoebe: "...when the bell has rung, how can you un-ring it?" Yep... there's no way you can Jehovah's Unwitness what you've seen and learned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit