retrospect on yesterday's wt "study" 29. 

by waton 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• waton
    waton

Go- teach.

Par.1 : Marching orders given to 500 attendees, none of them anointed, but 11 partakers, Jesus taught and served people with an "Earthly Hope" and the commission to go was not as wt now claims a mandate to the GB members; the OS only being supposed supporters.

4) new disciple stops drinking. sounds much more like the Mormons or some Born Agains that use grape juice even at the communion.

6) Wt wants canvassers to use "strategy" nice admission.

13) new convert Sarah from Alaska (heard that name before, Palin perhaps)

teaching all the teachings of Christ. and the some.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Gee my bible says that Jesus taught about the kingdom of the heavens. Were new scrolls opened up I didn't hear about! 😆

• blondie
    blondie

A little sidepoint (there are no "new scrolls" per the bible)

Does the WTS bible say "new scroll" or just "scrolls"? Most of the time the WTS just leaves out any quote marks.

Note how the WTS punctuates it here:

new "scrolls" putting quotes only around scrolls not with the word new, since that phrase does not occur in the bible.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101995030?q=%22new+scrolls%22&p=sen

New “scrolls” will then come into use. Evidently these are God’s written instructions that will serve as a basis for educating earth’s inhabitants. (Revelation 20:12)

Revelation 20:12 says

And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. The dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

C'mon Blondie do you have to be so anal about everything?

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Par 15- so sickening-

we need to help the students to come to know HOW to live as a true Christian-

Assist him (not her) as he struggles to put bible principles into practise.... (while they are teaching him not to ask about blood, child abuse, lying, being a slave for the money they want to pay off legal losses, how to replace Jesus with the GB, sell off of halls etc)

That lesson is a joke opening with song 60- This means their Life

Opening song was Listen Obey and Be blessed...(Before the Talk and WT)

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Sorry I missed yesterday's wt study. It's football season which has about as much to do with real life as the wt study!

just saying!

• waton
    waton
    Gee my bible says that Jesus taught about the kingdom of the heavens.

nw: The kingdom rule was to be over the twelve tribes of Israel,*** The disciples asked in Acts 1 whether it would be established for Israel now and then, Jesus sacrificed his right to everlasting life on Earth. They were going to sit on tables and drink in the kingdom,

The earthly hope was firmly entrenched during the pre-pentecostal days Even his return was to the Earth, down elevator sile, now perfected bu Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos.

*** current wt doctrine holds that "the 12 tribes of Israel" are the earthly class.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Good old davier shaved--- the true mark of a christian

The talk we had mentioned what jehovah and the governing body give us. No mention of ( unemployed) jesus. I always want to make a snide remark like: the speaker failed to mention jesus; or I would really like to comment on the shaving as a sign of progress but never have

• waton
    waton
    That lesson is a joke opening with song 60- This means their Life

tl: This song, the low point in the meeting. " It means your death if you dont preach. your life, and theirs. Everlasting life and death tied to the overlapping generation of 1914.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

I skipped it. Went for breakfast with the family.

I made the right move.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit