The memorial held--in Prince's concert hall!

by Pistoff 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I know most will not believe this, but the Cologne or Navarre MN hall held their memorial in Prince's digs--the place where he has had many local concerts.

In case you did not know, he is now a baptized witness; not a rumor; I have sources from that state who were there when they announced mr and mrs prince nelson as new brother and sister.

I can't imagine what went thru the elders' minds; who in their right mind can not see this as a tiny problem with conflict? or reputation???

What do you think?

• rocketman
    rocketman

I'm not sure if making such an announcement, if that is indeed what transpired, was such a good idea. Reeks of celeb favoritism if true.

Other than that, I see no real problem with it - heck, maybe they even partied like it was 1999.

• rocketman
    rocketman

And come to think of it, if that announcement was made during the Service Meeting as is customary, there should be no problem with that either.

I guess a Hall is a Hall is a Hall, as long as there are no overt trappings of false religion, etc.

• sandy
    sandy

I heard a while back that Prince was studying but I find it hard to believe he got baptized.

I cannot imagine him changing his lefestyle to fit JW standards. I hate to call you a liar but I just can't

believe this without more evidence. I need hardcore facts for this one.

Sandy

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Sandy,

I am hardcore fact. I met the fellow in question a while ago and he most certainly is a very baptized JW. Not only that but a very preachy one. Cannot say more but if I am to be trusted then believe me!

HS

• happyout
    happyout

I'm with you, Sandy, there needs to be real proof of Prince's baptism, especially since I never heard of any "annoucements" being made when someone gets baptized. Also, I really believe the media would have jumped all over this, after all, this is the musician who gave us such songs as "Head" and "Sexy Mutha*****".

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

Considering where i now am opposed to where he is, and comparing this to where we both were respectively 10 yrs. ago...the irony of it all.

Axel

• DJ
    DJ

I don't see the big deal. Prince got brainwashed too. Celebrities aren't above that. Look at all of the celeb's who are Scientologists or whatever. The kh must see him as repentant of his former music and lifestyle and it doesn't hurt that he rolls in green stuff either. Nothing is a surprise anymore.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

Back in 1983 or 84 I was living in LA and a friend came to visit from Atlanta and my sister and I were going to show her Hollywood. We got tickets to the Thicke of the Night(Alan Thicke) show and they had a brand new comedian on it that night named Arsenio Hall, along with that googly eyed magician and some Russian chick in a fur bikini...anyway...we met two young black guys in line for the show who kept whispering and staring at us three(all females)--especially my 4'7" fully developed younger sister Kira. The thing about these two was that one looked so much like Prince that he was starting to cause a stir in the line. Well they kept cutting in line and finally made it up to us and the Prince'lookalike' asked my sister how old she was and how much she weighed! Then he asked her if he could lift her up --she was rather shocked at how much this guy looked like Prince and just said OK. He lifted her up like a doll and then scooped her like Cinderella--he got quite a kick out of it. After we got inside--we lost them, until we noticed(as did Alan Thicke and the stage manager) that there was a ruckus behind us...those two guys had exchanged seats until they were right next to us....we talked the whole show and got very dirty looks from the magician dude--who was scary looking anyway--and the one who looked like Prince told us that he was Prince and the other guy was his bodyguard. He was very soft-spoken. But waht was amazing is that when it looked like there might be a hit on one r more of us---we told them we were JWs and he told us his mother was a JW too and had been trying to get him to study for years!

Now we never knew for sure if that really WAS Prince or not---but I swear it could have been his identical twin! And they were very nice--walked us to the car afterward because it was late and we parked a couple blocks away. My visiting friend was more impressed a few years later when Arsenio became someone special. But I have always wondered if that really was Prince. I think he said either his mom or his aunt was named Berniece and they lived somewhere in the midwest. Does that sound familliar to any Prince fans?

Ravyn

• toddy
    toddy

If you go to his official web site http://www.npgmusicclub.com/#form

Apparently there is a virtual kingdumb hall where you can look up scriptures

Costs $25 though so i have given it a miss,does look a cool website!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit