Stories From the Back Room

by xjwsrock 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Never a JW but after reading the Elder handbook or manual whatever you call it the Elder and I broke many a rule in 5 years. Just saying.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ rebelfighter...

Hell, just thinking that the WTS is wrong about something is a breach of the rules.

x

It's quite the moment in an exiting JW's life when we realize that we're not actually becoming "apostates"...

...we already have been for some time.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This guy could be doing a power play to show his wife that she's essentially powerless in this situation. Also, it could just be that he is saving the marriage from divorce by showing up. If the elders tell her they cannot prove guilt, she might just accept that.

• cognisonance
    cognisonance
    In the meantime I'll read Ayn Rand novels in secret :smile:

You do realize that Ayn Rand's ideas, Objectivism, and the often intersecting romanticizing of free-markets share a lot of cult-like properties.

Instead of reading Ayn Rand, why don't you read the works of Noam Chomsky, who exposes the TTATT regarding other important topics that also have massive impacts on the lives of people.

For example here is one recent interview with him.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

@Vidiot,

For 5 years the "Elder" and I never had a single argument then he gave me the first piece of JW literature to see how I would react. And did I react! I asked questions by email and in return I got "good bye have a nice life"

• MMP1980
    MMP1980

My mother had to get my father to sign a letter stating that he had been unfaithful throughout their ENTIRE marriage in order for the elders to consider her to be free to marry. They would not accept one that admitted just to cheating. It had to specify 'throughout the ENTIRE marriage'. She was told by another sister in the hall whose unbelieving husband gambled away everything they had and she wanted to escape him to marry a 'brother'. She did as they asked. My dad signed it and she has been free to marry for 16 years now. It amazes me the control they can have over a person.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

MMP1980,

Well they are not always playing by the rules either, the "Elder" seemed to forget he had a wife at home for 5 years.

• blondie
    blondie

There are so many ways elders try to be police or investigators and prove someone is guilty.

I knew 2 elders who followed a brother and confirmed there was a woman at the house, that the brother stayed there overnight...definition of that has been interpreted being after 2 a.m. Taking pictures, in some cases going up to the bedroom window and taking pictures.

But does sex only happen at night without a chaperone or during the day which the elder's manual can only be a df offense at night?

I knew one sister who hired a PI (non jw) and took her and her mother along to witness the events.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Blondie...

Very true.

Hardboiled detectives and hotshot prosecuting attorneys, the lot of 'em. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit