What Do Witnesses Do For Fun These Days?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• sparky1
    sparky1

"What do Witnesses do for fun.................?"

What they have ALWAYS done!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Sparky1 = your a naughty boy. Halerious funny as well.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Sparky1: I have never knew of one JW that did that, that's what they told me. LOL

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

Week night bowling "get together's" during off peak hours where it's $1.50 a game....have to stretch that money on a minimum wage job. Also, scavenger hunts where they only drive to witness homes asking for odd items. The first team to return to the KH with all the items wins! Sounds alittle dangerous if you are driving fast and agressive to get all the items. Also, it wastes fuel...thus the buck fifty bowling games.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

They party all the time. They travel under the guise of preaching where the need is great. The go in service and then they end up in some nice restaurant. I see their activities all over social media. I really don't know where there get the money because most of them have very low paying jobs.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

They "enjoy get-togethers" (that is a witnessy word if ever there was one)

Or they "enjoy" working days at the KH. (Its all about the social aspect)

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

When I was in , I went on many vacations, ate out at restaurants a lot and drank alcohol. Loved music and dancing too.... do JWs do anything but watch Watchtower videos now??

Somehow I have the feeling that they knew you were going to leave :-)

Those things were considered extremely extravagant in the congregation I grew up in. I was in a rural area of mostly lower middle class to no income families. Most of the entertainment was family gatherings and social events in some member of the congregation's home, or trips to the beach (it was in Puerto Rico). That was pretty much it.

As for today, who cares. I know what I do on my free time.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

My husbands uber witness cousin colors pictures in those intricate coloring books. His aunt married to a UBM travels places in a camper.

• minimus
    minimus

Sparky😏

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

minimus - "What do Witnesses do for fun these days?"

I dunno.

What does the GB authorize?

:smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest