What Do Witnesses Do For Fun These Days?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

When I was in , I went on many vacations, ate out at restaurants a lot and drank alcohol. Loved music and dancing too.... do JWs do anything but watch Watchtower videos now??

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I heard of some marble hunting, sounds like a crazy west coast thing like frisbee golf to me lol

conjures up images of Portlandia

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Welllll.....

The younger ones (in cities) generally meet up in large groups and enjoy a good knees up with plenty of alcohol involved

AND

The older ones go on nights out with their work mates when the opportunity arises.

Why?

Because there are no organised social events for witnesses; and therefore out of sheer boredom resort to the above.

For the ultra strict ones, they tend to mix with other like-minded elite playing Scrabble over a root beer 😋

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

haha

The Times-Picayune on 6 March 2016 asked clothes designer Tabitha Bethune that question..

What do you do for fun when you’re not working?

My husband and I are Jehovah’s Witness, and we.......

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5714189639221248/_post/5768965101977600

• minimus
    minimus

Do they play bible games?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

When they are not shunning they talk about what liars apostates are.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

My daughter produce a play in the KH two weeks ago, the KH was packed. She told me she will send me a video to see what I think. I was told it was pretty good by a elder...I'am surprised they let her use the KH for this play..Maybe they are a little more relaxed in Las Vegas.

• minimus
    minimus

Plays in the KH? Someone is gonna get in trouble

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

Here in Seattle the JW's are always doing fun stuff, lots of rock concerts to go to, lots of happy hours out. It's amazing how much they can do here compared to when I was in. I think a lot of the younger ones have figured out how to fly under the radar. My girl cousin and 2 males friends of hers went to Ireland together last year, they are in their early 30's but back in my day you couldn't go ANYWHERE with single people of the opposite sex. These 3 went to Ireland for 2 weeks. My cousin is an elder's daughter so of course nothing is said and she gets away with being worldly and spiritual all at the same time. Amazing.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What Do Witnesses Do For Fun These Days?

Image result for in one ear and out the other

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit