10 years ago I woke up and found this site

by cantleave 18 Replies latest jw friends

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Congrats. If you will be back in Warsaw anytime soon, let me know.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Fade to Black, I am back there in June for a seminar.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Stan, I know the time has flown past so quickly, it's bloody frightening!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Hey cantleave - it turns out you canleave!!

Congrats to you and your family for your successful escape! It's the best thing you could have done. Who da thunk we would all be just fine, perfectly fine.

See ya next time you are in town!

Cheers to you and yours!

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Congratulations Cantleave! 10 years is a landmark worth pointing and celebrating.

And a big thank you. Looking back now, it was because of people like you, cofty, and others that got me thinking beyond the mere “JW’s are wrong about the truth”, and take the hard path of examining the foundations of faith and belief and conclude that the very foundation of those - the revered sacred writings - are just totally human musings, and often not very benign ones. There is no revealed “truth” to put faith on, only facts to be dealt with.

Life does make much more sense now, and I’ve never been happier. There are sequels from all the time my family spent in there, but we’re dealing with them, and as the petty JW world fades into the distance, we feel we gained much more than we have lost by leaving.

All the best to you. If you ever come to Lisbon, let me know.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Congrats! It’s 35 years for me, I never looked back.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hey Eden,

When you joined I was in my "evangelical atheism" phase (some would say I still am). I am so pleased it all worked out well for you in the end too.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Dagney, I am in L.A in October, let's do Potholers brekky!!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Biahi, 35 years out is awesome. My only regret is not waking up sooner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit