Hobbies

by peacefulpete 31 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I use to be very active in "Ham" Radio, but now that I live in a townhouse, antennas are not allowed by the HOA.

So two years ago I took up painting. I always wanted to try it and so I did.

Here are a few of the paintings I did in acrylic.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

titch...sorry didn't renew it. Wife has a handheld radio at work to listen in if needed in an emergency. Preppers are folks convinced society is about to collapse and they prepare (prep) by hoarding guns, ammo and food. They might also booby-trap their property, at least these did.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I thought of myself as an artist when I was young, haven't done anything in decades. Kinda afraid to pick up a pencil and try, hate to destroy my illusion.

• titch
    titch

Wow, Happy Dad, you are quite the talented artist! I can't even draw a correct "stick figure." Thanks for sharing those with us. But, the final one, about the difficult thing about owning a dog, I think that could apply to owning a cat, too! And, Peaceful P, kind of thought that's what you meant, but I just needed some clarification. Thanks. You know, I have adopted a phrase used by Mr. Flipper: His concluding thought was, "Peace Out." I use that phrase when signing off the air after a radio conversation, with a fellow Ham. Oh, well, that's just me.....Best Regards.....Titch.

• vienne
    vienne

I inherited my mom's stamp and coin collections. My money is limited. Textbooks come first. But I add to them as I can. Other than that, I read. Love to read. Read incessantly.

My mom participated in long distance black-powder distance shooting. She was an excellent shot. None of my sisters wanted her guns, so they came to me. I've shot her 45-90 Highwall a few times. And no, though I'm as small as my mom was, it didn't knock me onto my butt. It's a fun hobby, but I don't have time for it now. Maybe after I finish my master's degree.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

For those of you into amateur radio, have any of you dabbled with SDR -software defined radio?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

about the difficult thing about owning a dog, I think that could apply to owning a cat, too!

Dying that is.

We had both for many ,many years our dog travelled with us as we moved interstate over 2000 miles by car and our cat came down by plane once we had settled in .

I cried when both eventually passed and especially with our toy poodle "Lillie" that became my dog we had them both for about 16 years,

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Peaceful - Viking reinactor??? I've been to a renaissance fair.....and I wore a Flavor Flav costume at Halloween once. That count?

It all counts.

If it's fun, it's worth it. As long as we don't really slay anyone.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I started collecting the Amazong Spider-man comics from the 60's and 70's.

I'm missing a few here and there because of cost....but hey ho, I like the collection I have. All bagged and boarded.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

peacefulpete,

My collection is probably 40% Canadian coins. Although I'm an American, I think that Canadian coins are prettier and their designs have more thought and purpose behind them. 30% of my collection consists of U.S coins. The rest are mostly a conglomerate of Central American, British, Australian and South Pacific coins.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit