I was critically ill for a long time...

by The Rebel 11 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

But thanks to the excellent health care on this site iam on the road to recovery, and can now fully appreciate what a gloriouse thing it is to be free from the W.T and savor approaching spring in all its beauty, ....however I am not sure I am ready for debating on all the boards many heavy threads about Gods existence and Evolution .

Anybody else feal the same?

" Tis a gift to be simple, Tis a gift to be free, Tis a gift to wake up and breath the morning air, and Tis a gift to each day walk on the path we want to be....."

The Rebel

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Good for you!!! I too feel the fog is lifting now and I'm at peace, ready to just move on with living a normal life and to appreciate the joy of humanity!

Re the God and evolution debates, I think some posters need to keep in mind that some leaving the jws are in a very fragile state, some are very young too, and their faith might be very important to them, even in its changing state, so not to push too hard. I'm all for being open minded, isn't it why we're all here? But we should respect the stages of waking up that some might not be ready, or ever be ready, to dissect all faith in God Richard Dawkins s style.

• blondie
    blondie

I have a painful chronic illness for the last 10 years. I understand how hard it can be. I have found some medical treatments that manage it better and holds off an early death. I just retired and feel a big weight off me. As to the WTS part, I don't debate just keep doing what I have done in the past, keep reminding me why I left.

I'm finding life affirming things to do, planning my garden and flower beds, planning a trip out west. I am keeping politics out of my daily life as well.

I'm glad things have improved, The Rebel.

Blondie

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    TorninTwo:
    But we should respect the stages of waking up that some might not be ready, or ever be ready, to dissect all faith in God Richard Dawkins s style.

Any statement that begins with "should" is problematic. And especially when it also contains the word "we"'.

Respect goes both ways - those who you are referring to who "dissect faith in God Richard Dawkins style" deserve just as much respect as anyone else.

They, too, are in their own personal "stage of waking up". They too deserve respect. Each and every person is in the place they are supposed to be and it is not fair to say that some should change where they are, and how they speak, just because it makes others uncomfortable.

TheRebel: ...however I am not sure I am ready for debating on all the boards many heavy threads about Gods existence and Evolution .

That is what is nice about hanging out here...you don't have to debate anything you don't want to.

Hang out where you want to....you don't have to jump in the water. Just watching and listening is cool, too.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Thank you for the post Blondie, and I must apologize if my post post had suggested medically I have been critically ill. I was only writing about my mental state of having been under Watchtower mind control for so many years, which I have now awakened to and am therefore no longer "critically ill"

The Rebel.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Respect for differing beliefs I have the utmost, and debate I embrace after years of only sanitized discussion. I only object to people being attacked for their beliefs, or non beliefs. I'm just encouraging care and support especially for newer members.

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry for misunderstanding, but spiritual illness can be worse than physical. I have been out for 15 years from the WTS and have worked through their lies and tricks. But it is important to form healthy friendships and relationships and a life apart from the WTS. Constant debating about things that can never be proved or consolidated and used practically is a waste of time as far as I concerned.

I run 2 support groups and teach English as a Second Language...which I feel is a better way to use my time. I am pursing my music again and expanding into composition.

There is a better and real life apart from the deceiving WTS and we can find it.

Blondie

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Everyone ''comes to'' about the WT over time and at different paces. It took me alooooooong time to ''wake-up '' about the WT, years, more like decades. It didn't really hit me all at once, just a little bit of shreds of doubts at a time. It was an extremely gradual process, that's why I was ''shocked'' at all about the Borg.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Don't bother worrying about debates. Just be happy. There is no obligatory debating to be here. You just laugh at the latest WT broadcast and sympathize with our escaping and/or "ill" friends. No obligation for that, either.

I'm so glad you are doing better. It's like being cured. The underlying illness may be gone, but getting your strength back may take awhile. You are welcome here no matter what.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Well I read your non-sense ( Bio.) Rebel and am glad to hear this site has been a help to you

And I concur with Tornintwo`s posts,

Take care

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit