How Will They End 1914 Teaching?

by EmptyInside 282 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wozza
    wozza

Scholar

I read those verses and Jerusalem ,Judah and the nations are going to serve Neb .

Nowhere does it say be exiled ,they could be in servitude wherever they live in their own territory.

Seems to me you are reading more into it because your mind has been trained to.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Nope. Nothing about exile there, nor about only Judah serving Babylon.

---

Are you thick?

Let me give you the definition of 'exile' from the Macquarie Dictionary:

1. prolonged separation from one's country or home, as by stress of circumstances

2. anyone separated from his country or home

3. expulsion from one's native land by authorative decree

Now the next heading below 'exile' is 'Exile' : a name given to the Babylonian captivity of the Jews

Has the 'penny dropped' now?

scholar JW

• wozza
    wozza

The reason I think Judah was involved is because in verse 18 Jeremiah mentions Judah when he is to deliver the "cup" message

Scholar going on your last comment on Exile does that mean you believe the Jews and all surrounding nations were also taken into Babylonish exile ,all the people???

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Unable to find any support in the Bible for 70 years of exile, the inept ‘scholar’ instead alludes to the fact that the Jews were exiled at all. Pathetic.

Most of the Jews were exiled in early 597 BCE. Others were exiled when Jerusalem was destroyed in 587 BCE. And more were taken in 582 BCE. But there was no ‘70 years of exile’ at all.

• scholar
    scholar

wozza

I read those verses and Jerusalem ,Judah and the nations are going to serve Neb .

Nowhere does it say be exiled ,they could be in servitude wherever they live in their own territory.

Seems to me you are reading more into it because your mind has been trained to.

---

Not really but just the plain reading of the text.for it describes the land being desolate so that means it was uninhabited therefore its population must have been deported somewhere and that was Babylon whereupon they served or were in servitude to Babylon. Further, the population were not vassals to Babylon as COJ wrongly asserts for that vassalage to Baylon was only under the reigns of Kings Jehoiakim, Jehoichin and Zedekiah which terms of servitude ended with the rebellion leading to the Fall of Jerusalem in 607 BCE which led to desolation- deportation and Exile for 70 years.

Simple is it not?

scholar JW

• wozza
    wozza

Perhaps "Scholar" won't answer my questions because I am beneath him,an apostate if you will ,uneducated it's true but schooled for many years by the WTS which they told me, gave me a better education than university.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Unable to find any support in the Bible for 70 years of exile, the inept ‘scholar’ instead alludes to the fact that the Jews were exiled at all. Pathetic.

--

It is pathetic. What you are saying is that there was no conquest of Jerusalem by Neb, no deportation of the Jews from Judah to Babylon, no Return of the Jews from Babylon and that the 70 years was a mythical number. What a tangled web we weave!

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

wozza

Perhaps "Scholar" won't answer my questions because I am beneath him,an apostate if you will ,uneducated it's true but schooled for many years by the WTS which they told me, gave me a better education than university.

--

I have answered your question so you need to sharpen up your critical thinking skills which is far more important than any source or type of education.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

What you are saying is that there was no conquest of Jerusalem by Neb, no deportation of the Jews from Judah to Babylon, no Return of the Jews from Babylon and that the 70 years was a mythical number.

Worst. Straw man. Ever. You’re such a liar.

What I actually said was:

Most of the Jews were exiled in early 597 BCE. Others were exiled when Jerusalem was destroyed in 587 BCE. And more were taken in 582 BCE. But there was no ‘70 years of exile’ at all.

Beyond that, Babylon definitively removed Assyria in 609 BCE, and was dominant until it was conquered by Persia in 539 BCE, which neatly corresponds to the nations serving Babylon for 70 years. When did Babylon’s 70 years begin?

Why do you keep pretending you’ve never been told this all before? 😂

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Worst. Straw man. Ever. You’re such a liar.

What I actually said was:

---

What you have written makes no sense.

So, what then was the 'Babylonian Exile' or the ''Exile' or the 'Jewish Exile'? Were there three exiles? How does one describe the events prophesied by Jeremiah in 25:8-12? If there were no exiles then what are the deportations and into what? Your interpretation ignores the simple reality that the Land was depopulated after the fall and remained thus for 70 years being in captivity as Exiles until their release from Exile.

---

Beyond that, Babylon definitively removed Assyria in 609 BCE, and was dominant until it was conquered by Persia in 609 BCE, which neatly corresponds to the nations serving Babylon.

Why do you keep pretending you’ve never been told this all before? 😂

---

Such an event as you describe has nothing to do with Jeremiah's prophecy of the 70 years.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit