How Will They End 1914 Teaching?

by EmptyInside 282 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

You claim to have engaged in independent research so if such truly is the case then you would have come with something original or different

I’ve also independently added 2 and 2 to arrive at 4. It would be particularly odd to expect someone to arrive at a different answer given the same source material.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

So, please set out plainly what your interpretation of this passage is and where and if it differs from others.

Ho hum... 🙄 Jeremiah 25:8-14.

You know you’re a laughingstock, right?

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

I’ve also independently added 2 and 2 to arrive at 4. It would be particularly odd to expect someone to arrive at a different answer given the same source material.

---

Good. Now we have settled this matter then we can use COJ's explanation of Jer.25:11 in the previously cited reference as a basis for discussion but I am curious as to your expression 'given the same source material' which is precisely what?

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

🤦‍♂️

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Ho hum... 🙄 Jeremiah 25:8-14.

You know you’re a laughingstock, right?

Is that the best you can do ?
    I know but scholar loves to play
    scholar JW
  • Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

But for Judah, a 70-year Exile was foretold as punishment for their sins being brought under the yoke of Babylon for 70 years in Exile.

No such statement or suggestion appears anywhere in the Bible.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

No such statement or suggestion appears anywhere in the Bible

--

Jer. 25:8-11 for starters.Would you like some more?

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Nope, nothing about 70 years of exile there. Try again.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Nope, nothing about 70 years of exile there. Try again.

---

OK! Try reading vs.9 and vs 11 wherein Neb brings destruction upon the Jews with the land becoming desolate then in vs 11 the verse describes Judah in servitude to Babylon which means the Jews must have been deported to Babylon so now we have exiled Jews living in Babylon for a fixed period of time of 70 Years which would constitute an Exile. Is that clear to you?

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Nope. Nothing about exile there, nor about only Judah serving Babylon. 😂

And we know from Jeremiah 27:8-11 that ‘serving Babylon’ doesn’t mean exile.

Do you even own a Bible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit