How Will They End 1914 Teaching?

by EmptyInside 282 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

No need to go that far. He can’t even show the verse that say ‘70 years of exile’ 😂

---

You cannot even show a verse that say '70 years of Babylon's domination'

scholar JW

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I don't think there is any way they can remove or rescind the 1914 theology without the Borg collapsing in on itself like a straw house.

Because,,,without the 1914 premise, theology 1918 or 1919 could not be founded as the IBSA being chosen when Boozerford was president.

Probably the fallacy of 1914 will be mentioned less, less, more less and just faded and fizzled out so it's forgotten about.

Because, when you think about it,,,,how else does the Borg promote it's own theology?

They have to use the same nonsense repeated over and over and over again so the sheeple believe nonsense.

Recent youtubers have pointed-out this. They mention the Borg uses certain words multiple times in WT studies and talks for 'words' and phrases to ''stick'' in the sheeples minds.

They can't just dump 1914 outright cold. It'll like just fade and die out and be forgotten.

• waton
    waton
    Being false or not, the question is what will the watchtower do

sloppy joe, what wt does might depend on whether the doctrines, prophecies are proven true or not.

about the 1914 generation, they might want to get rid of the "anointing",or the "never dying" not mentioned in the text, or the extended overlap,thus killing 2 stones with one bird.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

You cannot even show a verse that say '70 years of Babylon's domination'

🤦‍♂️

• Jeremiah 25:9–11: I am sending for all the families of the north,” declares Jehovah, “sending for King Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar of Babylon, my servant, and I will bring them against this land and against its inhabitants and against all these surrounding nations. I will devote them to destruction and make them an object of horror and something to whistle at and a perpetual ruin. 10 I will put an end to the sound of exultation and the sound of rejoicing from them, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the sound of the hand mill and the light of the lamp. 11 And all this land will be reduced to ruins and will become an object of horror, and these nations will have to serve the king of Babylon for 70 years.”’
    • Jeremiah 27:6–7: And now I have given all these lands into the hand of my servant King Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar of Babylon; even the wild beasts of the field I have given him to serve him. 7 All the nations will serve him and his son and his grandson until the time for his own land comes, when many nations and great kings will make him their slave.’
    • Isaiah’s Prophecy—Light for All Mankind, vol. 1, chap. 19, p. 253:Jehovah, through Jeremiah, includes Tyre among the nations that will be singled out to drink the wine of His rage. He says: “These nations will have to serve the king of Babylon seventy years.” (Jeremiah 25:8–17, 22, 27) True, the island-city of Tyre is not subject to Babylon for a full 70 years, since the Babylonian Empire falls in 539 B.C.E. Evidently, the 70 years represents the period of Babylonia’s greatest domination—when the Babylonian royal dynasty boasts of having lifted its throne even above “the stars of God.” (Isaiah 14:13) Different nations come under that domination at different times. But at the end of 70 years, that domination will crumble.
  • scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

• eremiah 25:9–11: I am sending for all the families of the north,” declares Jehovah, “sending for King Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar of Babylon, my servant, and I will bring them against this land and against its inhabitants and against all these surrounding nations. I will devote them to destruction and make them an object of horror and something to whistle at and a perpetual ruin. 10 I will put an end to the sound of exultation and the sound of rejoicing from them, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the sound of the hand mill and the light of the lamp. 11 And all this land will be reduced to ruins and will become an object of horror, and these nations will have to serve the king of Babylon for 70 years.”’
      • Jeremiah 27:6–7: And now I have given all these lands into the hand of my servant King Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar of Babylon; even the wild beasts of the field I have given him to serve him. 7 All the nations will serve him and his son and his grandson until the time for his own land comes, when many nations and great kings will make him their slave.’
      • Isaiah’s Prophecy—Light for All Mankind, vol. 1, chap. 19, p. 253:Jehovah, through Jeremiah, includes Tyre among the nations that will be singled out to drink the wine of His rage. He says: “These nations will have to serve the king of Babylon seventy years.” (Jeremiah 25:8–17, 22, 27) True, the island-city of Tyre is not subject to Babylon for a full 70 years, since the Babylonian Empire falls in 539 B.C.E. Evidently, the 70 years represents the period of Babylonia’s greatest domination—when the Babylonian royal dynasty boasts of having lifted its throne even above “the stars of God.” (Isaiah 14:13) Different nations come under that domination at different times. But at the end of 70 years, that domination will crumble.
      • ---
      • Ha Ha . None of the above contains a verse -70 years of Babylon's domination as requested.
      • scholar JW
  • Jeffro
    Jeffro

Poor ‘scholar’, addled by years of the Watch Tower Society misrepresenting the Bible, can’t understand what ‘all the nations serving Babylon’ means. The context of 70 years of all the nations serving Babylon is quite clear, and Jeremiah’s description of the ‘yoke’ even more so.

Even the Watch Tower Society’s own Isaiah commentary recognises that it is 70 years of Babylon’s dominance. 😂

Poor pitiful ‘scholar’.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

The level of hair-splitting required to deny the 70 years of domination claim is staggering. If your standard is "the exact wording*," then it should be applied to any claims in this topic, in which case the Bible doesn't say anything about any of the claims, right?

*(Or even better, the exact wording in English!)

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

As has happened with all previous failed JW predictions, once WT scrubs all talk about 1914, the "sheep" will simply refer to the concept with labels such as:

"our publications used to teach"

"outdated understanding"

"an adjustment"

... and JWS will, for the most part, including the Scholar, accept it, forget it, and move on to chasing whatever other carrot the GB dangles in front of them.

• luckynedpepper
    luckynedpepper
    • Ha Ha . None of the above contains a verse -70 years of Babylon's domination as requested.
    • scholar JW

Astounding.

• inbetween
    inbetween
    • scholar JW

Gave Scholar the benefit of the doubt, but after this, he is just another troll....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit