WT website-shunning-Where is it????

by Had Enough 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi all!

I, along with many others here, saw on the WT official website, in the FAQs section, their answer to the question "Do JW's shun former memebers?".

We've posted many comments on their response on various threads, such as on qwerty's topic "WT-FAQ on Shunning--" just yesterday.

This morning I went to that site to copy it, and it seems to be gone....unless I'm not awake yet.

Is it gone or did i somehow miss it?

Also....I did a 'search' on their official site, on the word "shunning" ... result was "no results" so I changed it to "disfellowshipping" and the article on "Child Custody" came back as the only reference. What's going on??

Had Enough

ps: If anyone has the WTS statement that they don't shun former members and family members, could you post it here please...Thanks

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Two possibilities: 1. There's some pretty sensitive Brooklynites out there, who react badly to every apostate attack on their hypocrisy,
    or, 2. They change the FAQ's content regularly and rapidly (a moving target is harder to hit!)

A 3rd possibility: the FAQ is down for maintenance.

• somebody
    somebody

it's still there, HadEnough.. beleifs and then click on FAQs. here it is if it doesn't work for you:

Do you shun former members?
    Those who simply cease to be involved in the faith are not shunned. In compliance with the Scriptures, however, members can be expelled for serious unchristian conduct, such as stealing, drunkenness, or adultery, if they do not repent and cease such actions. Disfellowshipping does not sever family ties. Disfellowshipped members may continue to attend religious services, and if they wish, they may receive pastoral visits. They are always welcome to return to the faith.—1 Corinthians 5:11-13.

peace,
    somebody

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Somebody, I just went over there and clicked on 'beliefs' and I can't see anything that remotely resembles 'FAQ' there. It's all brochures and magazine articles. And yes, I tried the search function and got no return for shunning ordisassociation, an article about child custody that mentions 'disfellowshipping' and a search of 'expulsion' led to an article about fallen angels.

So am I missing this link or doing something wrong that I can't find it?

• somebody
    somebody

I just tried again and it's still there. are you 2 going to the officail site of the WBTS? if so, it's not on that site. it's on www.jw-media.com try that.

somebody

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi somebody and MommieDark:

I just went back to it again and clicked onto "Beliefs and Activities"
    and had to next click "JWs and the 20th Century" before I could find anything about questions.

The only option on questions was "Questions often asked by interested persons", but the question on "Do JWs Shun Former Members" is gone.

Had Enough

• JAVA
    JAVA

Had Enough,

Check out http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/beliefsfaq.htm It's done by the Tower's Public Affairs Office.

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Thanks for the info, Somebody, I found it! It made me feel nauseous, but I found it.

My mommy would wash my mouth out with soap if I lied as big and fat as those guys lie to the public...

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

HadEnough - please try this:

http://www.jw-media.org/

This is the WTTBS "Public Relations" site. When you get there, at top 'bar' click 'beliefs' - then 'FAQ' and scroll down to "Do you shun former members?"

Thanks for your e-mail - will be getting back with you soon. Zazu :)

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi somebody:

Found it!!! Thanks so much for your help. I knew I had read it before on their site but forgot they had more than 1 address.

Thanks so much...Whew! I didn't want to lose that ammunition.

That site's now marked in my 'favourites' so I don't lose it again....

Had Enough
    ps....sorry for the trouble Mommie Dark and somebody!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit