I have been out of the cult for 10 years now! What is their latest stance on Vaccines or the Covid-19 Vac? Any insiders?

by Intel 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Intel
    Intel

I used to be very active on this board - 14 years ago (RedPill2006...still remember Blondie, Barbara and many others). Then left the cult for good 10 years ago (ex-Bethelite, ex-Elder)

Today, after so many years, I decided to come back because there is an issue that is nagging in my mind. My daughter is still in the cult and this issue is worrying me.

It's about the Covid-19 vaccine. I don't want to start any discussion about vaccines, just wondering what the JW's latest stance on this issue is. If vaccines are being "forced" (you are cut off from public Life, visiting churches or congregating, etc.) on them, are they going to "encourage" their members to take it or is this a non-issue to the cult leaders?

They will HAVE to take a stand on this. No way they can weasel out (like they always do). I just can't wrap my mind around the Pro or Con arguments they are currently using. Is this more of a obey Caeser, give Caesar what belongs to Caser thing? Or are they eager to get back to meetings and will use this urge to make members take the shot? They could also been spinning this as a respect for Life issue. Don't know if it is the opposite and they are against it much like the blood transfusions doctrine or because they could consider this the mark of the beast.

Thank you for your input! Hope the old timers are well and enjoying Life and that the newbies are finding out of the cult. Big hug to you all!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Welcome back Intel. I believe the ban on vaccinations ended in the 50s and became a conscience matter thereafter. Since it is not mandatory at this point in time to get vaccinated I can't see there being an issue for Witnesses.

However, I've heard that the development of the vaccine involved using aborted fetal cells (not sure if this is the case) but if so there could be moral issues raised.

• Earnest
    Earnest

"Medical care is a matter for personal decision. We do not attempt to make choices for others." Announcement on 12/03/2020.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''However, I've heard that the development of the vaccine involved using aborted fetal cells (not sure if this is the case) but if so there could be moral issues raised.''

Or, just anything to avoid 'legal' entanglements.

• TD
    TD

The JWs have not officially objected to vaccines for many decades.

Vaccines are an unavoidable part of life.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I have been out for years. But have a brother that is very much in. We talk, figure that one out for I'm no longer a hoe4Joe. What I here from him is more craziness and asking for money seems to be their stick. I'm glad I'm out, too much nonsense when I was in 20 years ago.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

My mom, an active JW, says Jeehoober is a Globalist. So, I’m sure ‘Ol Jeehobo has no issue with an MRNA vaccine that’s likely to kill off a large segment of the population. After all, he’s going to do that anyway and he can bring the faithful back to life, even after a horrible death..

DD

• Intel
    Intel

LOL @DATA-DOG

Yes, Jeehoober is a Globalist and looooves some Genocide in the morning!

I thought they would refuse the vaccines. This could be due to the contents (fetus cell matter) and also because they are the closest we have come to the "mark of the beast" (you can't buy, sell, take part in public Life if you don't have the vaccine and no doubt the Covid-Passports, that could even be digital - first as an APP and maybe 20 years down the road as a chip implant)

Anyway, I can see that not much has changed. I haven't lost a thought about the cult in the past years. Been busy living, traveling, doing business, dating (only with girlfriends this topic comes up, when they want to meet my family who are all in and obviously shun the hell out of me)

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

"Medical care is a matter for personal decision. We do not attempt to make choices for others."

Except when WE change the term "choice" to "governing body 'guidelines'. Then they are orders, and you WILL obey or die at Armageddon!

• contramundum
    contramundum

I spoke with my JW mother today who informed me that the congregation has been told they may have the current vaccine because there is no blood in it.

She did not mention anything about what methods were used to create the vaccine.

This is in the UK. I don't know what the stance is in other countries.

CM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit