Corona beer sales vs coronavirus ?

by smiddy3 18 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Downton Abbey wrote out the dog because it was called "Isis"

• JeffT
    JeffT

Corona virus causes headache, difficulty breathing, and fever.

Corona beer causes loud talking, craving for Taco Bell and waking up in bed with people you don't know.

• Simon
    Simon

I just bought some from Costco, maybe they should embrace it more and treat it as free advertising - instant name recognition, the media is doing the job for them!

• Incognito
    Incognito

I am aware of a local company that recently decided to supply a Chinese food lunch for employees. Although the food was to be prepared by a local Chinese food restaurant using locally produced ingredients, some of the employees refused because of fear of coronavirus because it originated in China.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

There used to be a popular fizzy drink company called Corona when I was young.

Boy I must be boredπŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Simon
    Simon
    some of the employees refused because of fear of coronavirus because it originated in China

I don't blame them.

I don't blame the people who avoid Chinese businesses either.

Calling people who do so "racist" is just pathetic - it's basic common sense and everyone has the right to make whatever decisions they want to feel safer.

Right now you are at significantly higher risk if you have contact with people from infected countries and that screams "China". You can't tell where someone you cross paths with has been, or where all the people they have crossed paths with have been ... but it's common sense that there's more likely to be a higher chance that people in the Chinese community have had contact with such people than other communities.

The entire fault for any discrimination lies with the Chinese government and the local government that continued to allow travellers to arrive from infected areas. Those same idiots are the ones telling people not to be "racist" - they can all fuck right off.

• recovering
    recovering

Does that mean you want to avoid Italian made food. Milan has one of the highest rates of infection outside China right now. How about Korea Germany or france. All those I have mentioned are among the top infected countries. You would be much more safe following proper hygiene precautions. for example hand washing, not shaking hands etc.

• Simon
    Simon
    Does that mean you want to avoid Italian made food. Milan has one of the highest rates of infection outside China right now

Would I not eat the food on my shelf? No, of course not. Would I seek out people and products that have just been shipped from Italy? No, I wouldn't.

See how it works?

The people aren't against Chinese food ... they don't want contact with people and things that have an increased chance of having been in contact with people from epicentres of outbreaks.

How about Korea Germany or france. All those I have mentioned are among the top infected countries.

Iran is worse, some accounts are that they have pulled a "china" and denied there was a problem and allowed it to get worse, much much worse.

Read this: https://twitter.com/aliostad/status/1233668766124400640

Would I avoid Iranian people and restaurants? If I was in Toronto, which now has cases due to allowing flights from there - yes, yes I would.

You would be much more safe following proper hygiene precautions. for example hand washing, not shaking hands etc.

Yes, it's all about reducing risk. Washing hands, wearing masks, all reduce the risks. As does avoiding contact with people from infected areas - which probably avoids more risk.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Unfortunately the information about this virus via the media has caused some irrational hysteria to play out. .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit