Corona beer sales vs coronavirus ?

by smiddy3 18 Replies latest social current

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m just curious as to whether the Corona beer sales have plummeted since this Coronavirus has spread in different parts of the world .

It wouldn`t surprise me if sales had a nose dive since this outbreak and just wondered if anybody has any information concerning this ?

Word association plays a big part in many peoples lives.

• skin
    skin

Not thought about that till now...dont know.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

I believe they are trialling a name change to get around the negative connotation:

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

No no no. Toyota did it

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Didn't a rock band called The Knack have a hit song back in the 80's called "My Corona" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI2TSpnn4T0

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

OOOHHH , shepherdless I was serious this wasn`t in the humour section LOL

O.K.road to nowhere ,I guess nobody is going to be able to off-sell their Toyota corona`s now are they.!

Thank`s for that clip Pete Z that is really a CATCHY tune ?

• recovering
    recovering

Yes sales are effected. Check out this news article.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/americans-are-avoiding-corona-beer-amid-coronavirus-outbreak-survey-finds/

Some American beer drinkers are avoiding Corona, the beer, amid the deadly coronavirus outbreak, according to a new survey.

A surprising 38 percent of beer drinkers insisted that they would not, under any circumstances, buy Corona as the deadly virus spreads across the globe, according to the survey conducted by 5W Public Relations.

“There is no question that Corona beer is suffering because of the coronavirus,” Ronn Torossian, founder of 5WPR, said in a statement.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, the average intelligence level is ... well, it's not good is it?!

You wonder sometimes how people get through the day without stabbing themselves in the face, walking off a tall building or something.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SMIDDY3:

Several decades back there was a weight loss product called AYDS. It was a chewy candy that contained something to lessen the appetite.

When the AIDS virus came on the scene, people hesitated to buy the product and the company changed the name to Diet AYDS. Wikipedia has an article on it.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Would any self respecting beer drinker buy Corona in the first place? And yes, I am a home brewing beer snob...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit