Do blondes have more Success in life?

by JH 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

Studies have shown that beautiful/handsome people have more success in life. We assosicate beauty with intelligence, ability, kindness and a host of positive qualities. It is not right, but it is human.

Another perception is that beautiful women get a lot of men asking them out. I am told this is not true. Men assume that they would not have a chance with a very beautiful woman, so they don't ask them out.

The only negative qualities I have personally heard of about beautiful people is that they are full of themselves. This is not true; most good looking people are like most people: nice. Darn, I forgot what the second thing was.

Richard

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I read recently in a Science magazine that men prefer blondes because blond hair and blue eyes are both caused by recessive genes, and therefore the offspring produced by the coupling would be more easily identified by the male as his offspring. As his genes should dominate the fair hair/blue eyes recessive ones.

Makes perfect sense to me.....

Pope

• DJ
    DJ

Hey Pope,

Oh, soooooo thaaat's why my kids don't look like my own. Thankyou.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Yes, WIth a domina gene you can have a D & R but to get a recessive factor you must have two recessives. Well, at least that is what genetics say but I have a nearly bonde daughter with Hazel eyes hmmmm.

What was the ? OH I love dark hair and dark, dark eyes. Blondes I haven't liked since I was attacked by one on my porch in High School.(YES I know that is a generalization but HE freaked me out)

• nowisee
    nowisee

well first define success. success in love? success in career? successful social life? what are we talking about?

i have always been a blonde. like dj have always had a cloud of white/blonde curls. when i left jws i went even blonder for a while. it certainly did work for me. always got a lot of attention - no problem. always landed the job on interviews. always had friends - my closest friend being another blonde!

now im still blonde but have grey streaks and don't get as much attention anymore. that's ok since i am happily settled with grey-haired lover/husband. (his hair was black when we met and married!) - what does that say? personally i was always attracted to dark hair - never went for blondes myself.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Interesting thread, as I've been contemplating dying my locks to a darker shade. I've also been a redhead and currently have blonde hair. (My natural color is dark brown). I'm kinda getting sick of the maintainence involved with the blonde and I've had it for over a year. I found it interesting that several of you ladies mentioned the guys who'd hit on you as a blonde only wanted one thing...that's my biggest annoyance as well. Thanks for everyone's thoughts, it's given me some things to consider...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit