Do blondes have more Success in life?

by JH 25 Replies latest jw friends

• SYN
    SYN

If a woman looks after her hair and it looks good, why on Earth would the colour matter? That's just silly!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Not for me, I'm a brunette man!

Although I was once married to a redhead.

No hair you understand, just a red head.

Englishman.

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

well i've been blonde, brunette, raven haired and redhead, so i can give you perspectives on all.

I got hit on most as a blonde. But I found the attention I got was from men who were more interested in 'fun' than commitment.

I have had doors opened equally often as a blonde and a brunette. This was before the days when I had hardware to walk with (hence people now open doors cause they pity me) where before it was more men who opened them to be gentlemanly. Often the gesture was accompanied by a smile, and a wink.

I find more of the male attention I have had as a brunette was from men who were more my type than any who were interested when I was a redhead or a blonde. People have always taken me more seriously as a brunette.

I will say this though; when i was working as a temporary secretary, it was much easier being a blonde. When i was a brunette, everyone expected me to practically be running the company by lunchtime my first day: when I was blonde, they were happy if I just remembered to come back from lunch.

Glasses add to the brainy brunette image: it's one I don't really mind, though.

In the end, sad to say, the level of attention i get from the opposite sex has a lot more to do with how tight my shirt is on any given day, as opposed to the color of my hair. Hats get noticed, too i've found...not that i try to draw attention anymore other than from one man, and one man only. The one to whom i happen to be married :)

~essies ghost

• kls
    kls

I am a natural blond,,,,whoopie.As a kid i was picked on because my hair was so white.As teen i wanted to be burnette, all my girl friends were and i felt like the odd one so i dyed it brown.How did it look?imagine a Ghost with brown hair.The big problem is the term,,DUMB BLOND.Which is so unfair since most are burnettes dyed blond.Today at 45, do i think it get's you places?It depends,my experiance was always ,,guys look,women give dirty looks to other blondes.A far as getting ahead in life ,i think it depends on what the job is and what their so called employer is looking for.If i had a dollar (inflation) for everytime i was asked if i dyed my hair,well i would not be typing this ,i would be on a long vacation. My success? I pushed out four kids,two at home,does that count? kathy

• Hungout
    Hungout

Theres some thing about sexy brunettes that screams sexuality, while the blonds sure attrach attention, but usually its all fluff when it comes to being sensual.

• DJ
    DJ

I totally agree with kls. I have had the same experiences of the dirty looks from other women and the guys look. It's a shame that life is that way. My hair is not only blonde but very long and naturally curly....sort of spirals. I have to listen to strangers question me about my hair. They seem annoyed somehow when I tell them it is natural. They want to know where I got my perm. I tell them it is natural and they give me dirty looks! People are weird, Hair is just hair. I am not a dumb person. I have a sister who is brunette and she actually is stupid! I suppose that my blonde follicles somehow transferred to her in my mother's womb... I, like kls am married with two children and I'm 42. Yet, certain women still look at me as if I threaten their very existence. It's ridiculous! My husband sees their behavior toward me and always squeezes my hand to assure me that I have done nothing wrong. My kids have had to answer people's questions ABOUT MY HAIR because they know I am sick of answering total strangers who are just rude. Cripes....it's just hair! I've noticed a difference in the way I am treated by other women when I have my hair up and out of the way. They're warmer and more genuine. What is that? I have to keep my hair long because the weight pulls out some of the curl, that's all. It's just plain stupid and they call us dumb! dj

• Maverick
    Maverick

Hey Mary, it might have been that, to the guys, you seemed more attainable. They might have been terrified of the 'babe'! I have some drop-dead gorgeous lady friends that say their looks can hurts them with decent guys. Tens are high-maintenance, sevens are more fun! Maverick

• Mary
    Mary

Thanks Mav!!

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

"Researchers predict the last truly natural blonde will be born in Finland - the country with the highest proportion of blondes."

We, as a nation, are going to be the last resort for ignorant people. And there is even no need for rehearsing.

Mark

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    well i've been blonde, brunette, raven haired and redhead, so i can give you perspectives on all.

I got hit on most as a blonde. But I found the attention I got was from men who were more interested in 'fun' than commitment.

Gotta agree with this. When I had bleached blonde hair I got hit on EVERYWHERE. Now I have jet black hair and a look that only attracts the type of guys I like. As for me, I've dated blondes, brunettes, redheds, blue heads, green heds. I guess I've kinda always been a bit partial to red heads, but to me it makes no difference

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit