Another heart-worming story

by StephaneLaliberte 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

How does this mesh with the direction to not bring service dogs to conventions? Might give kids something to look forward to

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Interesting that the message i got was saying Patterson, England. As some mentionned on this thread, there is no such place in England and thus, we'd have to assume that it is Patterson, USA. That goes to show just how reliable web stories such as those are reliable.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

the direction to not bring service dogs to conventions - road to nowhere

I didn't know there was such a directive. Not such a good idea, if you type in "service dog church", you will quickly land on news reports in 2013 about a young soldier that was asked to leave with his service animal. That church got a lot of bad press and they changed their policy since then. I guess all that is needed is for one blind person to show up to a JW convention with a dog. If they are asked to leave, go to the press... the story will go all over the place!

• Simon
    Simon

The thing with all these urban myth stories is that no one ever knows the name of the person or the congregation. It's something that people can believe "might" have happened, but there's no evidence that it did.

That's why they use them. Politicians do exactly the same.

• newsheep
    newsheep

As far as I knew Andre, he was always at the Georgetown Bethel in Canada. All his relatives are from New Liskeard, On. He's the one that would sign our cheques. His nephew's two boys were kicked out of bethel due to inappropriate pictures taken and shared on social media. Even after knowing what they did he had the father (Andres nephew) of those two boys come and seal driveways of kingdom hall parking lots and get paid for it. His other nephew was hired on to make the podiums, signs and cabinets for all the halls in southern Ontario. He did it for a few years and then moved back to New Liskeard where most of the relatives are. Andre was a very arrogant man. Too much power went to his head like all the rest.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I have some really smart animals, but I don't think an animal could recognize days of the week. I don't think the dog could have known which days were Tuesdays and which were Sundays.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    I started to wonder about these stories when I heard the dog started answering during the Watchtower Study: One bark for yes, two for no and five quick barks for Jehovah.

Things went relatively well for the Dog in the beginning, it was as if he had a new leash on life. That didn't last long however. Others began noticing that the Dog began scratching uncontrollably during the meeting whenever he heard the expression "Flea from Babylon the Great". The Elders often had difficulty getting him to roll over and play dead. In time, he began running with the wrong pack and was eventually Disfellowshipped for "returning to his own vomit ".

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

This is all fake. Just like the speaking snake in a African country (yearbook experience).

Jw,s are easy believers.

G.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Andre, again! All this story's contain the name Andre!!!!

G.

• DomineIvimus-DI
    DomineIvimus-DI

I think it’s quite believable, if for example the elderly sisters were in the habit of bringing doggy treats to every meeting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit