Another Burnt Out Elder

by Spoletta 23 Replies latest social family

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Genuinely good caring discreet and tactful elders are/were hard to find. In my day we had several generous hearted ones who had no oversized ego or bigheadedness. When I left three years ago several of the elders were engaged in interfering with families internal structure and destabilised more than one family. The CO, a rather dysfunctional man at the best of times, enjoyed being centre stage and seemed more concerned with being the centre of the congregation than caring for those at the edges. He has since been 'relocated' as a result of being found guilty of damaging families. Even though I'm out, I will never forget the kindness shown to me by those elders years ago.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

westiebilly11>

Even though I'm out, I will never forget the kindness shown to me by those elders years ago.

That's very kind of you to say...some really gave their soul and deserve to be remembered, but in this internet/information age it must be harder and harder for really sincere elders to remain ignorant and still spread lies in the name of YHWH.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Giving the final prayer let's everyone know he wasn't removed. Still doing that I see. Yuck.

Pay attention. Some elders can't take it. Others know they are trapped and feel they can't leave. So they step down. This young elder might very well know TTATT. Most elders get an opportunity to see the rot, so I hold out hope that he saw something he can no longer support, at least as an elder.

• Chook
    Chook

A burnt out elder is better than an elder doing the burning. The more elders that resign it becomes a blessing for the flock as one less policeman , but the problem lies in that the tyrants end up being the only ones left. Burn sheep burn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit