Why is it that in the GB there are mostly men of German descent?

by azaria 17 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Good point Devon, I suppose the same could be asked of some other churches such as the Mormons.

• thegentleman
    thegentleman

darn !! I knew thinking for myself would do me in !!!! If I only would be in I coulda been on the GB

Chris ...German-Austrain built American Made

• ballistic
    ballistic

I was thinking of "Vorsprung durch Technik"...

the Watchtower...

designed by an apostate

built by the misled

run by idiots.

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

azaria..............good point. my husbad and i have often thought about that. we live in australia (a multi-cultural country like the usa) and have noticed that alot of the top dogs in the borg here are of german descent. white sth africans of dutch or german background too.

my family, and myself particularly, have been on the receiving end of german/sth african elders' wrath, jc, and discipline. to me it felt like the closest thing to a nazi interogation and if they had the power to exterminate me, they would have.

to answer your question i would say.................................

• look at how the borg is run
    • look at who's running it
    • look at history, particularly WWll
    • and wonder if adolf's dna was kept for future cloning
    • AND THEN PANIC

i personally like all people in general, (i'm from europe myself and my background is probably connected to germans/austrians), and i hate racism because in australia in the early 60s it was aproblem and i had to live with it.

but there is something true that every race havs strengths and weaknesses. i think germans are very good at being obedient to their rulers and follow rules and laws in a way that is almost robotic. look at WWll.......strength?????????

german jws, especially if they are in a position of power, can be extreme and harsh. i would even say cruel. but that is purely my own personal observation and experience. i know of some really tyranical elders of other races, and i know of some very nice german jws too, but as far as german rulers............................mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. a bit too scarey.

cheers,

bliss.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Gumby,

How about the two lovebirds.....Greenlees and Chitty?

Anyone know what decent they were?

Greenlees- Polish

Chitty- British

Right now the Poles are ruining running the WT. Jaracz is in control with Sydlik on his heels, both Polish.

Jst2laws

• DJ
    DJ

LOL@Gumby's new Rutherford's nationality.

Polish GB hmmm, same as the Pope..... Germans, I just don't like their food....being Italian, I can say that! I have a brother-in-law who is German, he is a tight wad. I have an Uncle who is German, he is a tight wad. My husband's best childhood friend is German, he is a tight wad. My next door neightbor is German and he is a tight wad. I see a pattern. That can't be true of all German people but it is in my little corner of life. The GB is mainly German...wow, aren't they the guys that only let Bethelites have $14.00 a month! What is it that Italians are known for.....?? Oh yea, my dad is Sicilian which makes it rough because he traveled for his living while we were growing up. He was able to stay home from Fridays until Tuesday nights and he always had a new company car in the driveway. I can't tell you how many neighbors asked me if my daddy was in the mafia. My mom is Irish, so of course we know that she was a drunk.....I think that stereotyping is wrong. Yet, there are patterns of certain behaviors in many nationalities. Just look at the Arabs....from what I see on tv, they like to jump on statues of dictators and jump in the street. lol...

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

You fools! The Governing Body are only Northern European (except for Brother Token), in their fleshly bodies, not in their true spirit form. The Governing Body come from a planet orbiting the star Alcyone in the constellation of the Pleidies (just draw a line to the right of Orion's belt and you will hit it), where Jehovah lives, except when he vacations in San Diego. Sheesh you people don't study your Golden Age very well.

alt

• DJ
    DJ
    A better question would be Why are they mostly, if not all Americans?

Good point Devon. Why didn't I ever think of that. That is very strange too. German-Americans.....God's new chosen elite..hmmm...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit