You may PRETEND to care - in reality you are SELFISH!

by wannabefree 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

That;s what my wife (and all JW's) gets to hear about us at the Kingdom Hall today, (hmmmm, I wonder if she'll raise her hand to answer this one) ...

Watchtower study ..

Today, apostates and others who create divisions in the congregation use “smooth talk and flattering speech.” (Romans 16:17, 18) They may pretend to care about others, but in reality, they are selfish.

(The Watchtower - Study Edition (Simplified Version) 10/17 Page 4 paragraph 7)

• tiki
    tiki

Any concrete examples of that? Is all a lot of bs designed to keep the deluded in line...

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black... that describes jw’s to a T. Phoney friends and phoney family. As long as u can serve the corporation they tolerate you. The minute you falter, your dead to them.

asshats.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Today, apostates and others who create divisions in the congregation use “smooth talk and flattering speech.

Actually people who were once engaged to the JWS/WTS religion but became aware of its corruption and lies are emphatically concerned about others , that's why they speak up and evaluate the actions and consequences of the WTS.

The WTS doctrines are corrupt and false but they were used to lure people to the JWS cult to be exploited and manipulated.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sad to say, it's the usual old propaganda being trotted out.

Label slapping ad-hominems.

I'm surprised they didn't ask for money in the middle of it.

• jp1692
    jp1692

In my experience, it’s the elders disrespecting and blatantly violating appropriate family boundaries “who create divisions in the congregation.”

In that context I’d completely agree with the follow-up statement: “They may pretend to care about others, but in reality, they are selfish” tools, mindlessly obeying their cult programming.

• steve2
    steve2

Well, the Watchtower has a long, long history of telling JWs what they themselves really think - so its a breeze their telling JWs what ex-JWs really think.

This is a JW-organization speciality - and good JWs imbibe it and mindlessly repeat it.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

My spouse and I take what WT writes with a grain of salt. Our life and overall attitude has improved immensely since exiting the cult. What does that tell you?

Yes...we lost "friends" but not the kind of friends we want. The family that no longer speaks to us or has limited association. Well....that is their loss! We are a very nice and loving family and we will not change in that department.

WT is VERY worried about the amount of people that are exiting and figuring out that this is not "Jehovah's loving organization." Karma is coming to bite WT. I have a feeling there are some rocky days coming for WT. It's always a pleasure to watch a narcissist squirm and sweat. Grab your popcorn and enjoy the show everyone!!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Apostates are dangerous to the WTS's self made power structure because they expose " The Truth ".

This open exposure becomes unsettling to all of the positional leaders of the WTS/JWS from the top GB men, right down to local elders.

Apostates reveal information the WTS leaders dont like or repel for obvious reasons, one being your messing with their living lifestyle, the WTS is what they live off from.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Today, apostates and others who create divisions in the congregation use “smooth talk and flattering speech.” (Romans 16:17, 18) They may pretend to care about others, but in reality, they are selfish.

This in Jungian terms is what is called 'a projection of one's own shadow'. This is simply a projection of the Governing Body's own evil ways in which they are in denial of and projected onto a convenient enemy. The Nazi party did the same thing to the Jews by projecting it's own evil deeds onto an easy hook the Jews.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_(psychology)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhAeXyVDDTc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit