Did You Ever Aspire To Be Anything Special In The Organization?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• crownboy
    crownboy

Thanks for the great posts, YOR.

I used to aspire to be a Bethelite. I figured it was better than being an unproductive pioneer, since Bethelites were actually doing the work that made the JW society what it was. Plus the free laundry service seemed pretty cool.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I managed to achieve every level within the Borg I had set my mind to, including being a Bethelite, Bethel Departmental Overseer, Elder, gave Circuit and District assembly talks, and even an Instructor at one of the annual meetings for CO's and DO's about 9 years ago.

It wasn't worth it. That part of my soul that was lost as a result of getting where I was in the Borg is gone. Damn them. Damn me.

Uzzah

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

Crownboy,

Thanks for your comments. If I think I can add something of value, I'll try to drop a thought here and there.

Uzzah,

Wow!

Then, you know exactly what I'm talking about. You make my case.

I'm feeling ya, brother. I understand the sense of betrayal. And I'm mad too.

Peace & love to you and yours.

• nowisee
    nowisee

i was a pioneer, the daughter of an elder, the wife of a bethelite. we at one time wanted to be in and were working towards circuit work. it was discovered around that time that my (ex) husband just had one little problem with shepherding the females of the flock, particularly young girls.

welcome yor. it was very interesting reading your posts. i found them at first to be absolutely chilling, and then comforting, realizing that the wts is indeed in its "time of the end".

best wishes, nowisee

• minimus
    minimus

Methinks we've got some heavy hitters from yesteryear....... Uz, when you taught school, did you ever feel uncomfortable, then? Or was it afterward that you just couldn't do it any longer???

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    most here have had little to do with WT leadership

Ah, but some have!

G'day YOR and Welcome, welcome, welcome aboard!

As others have noted, that was a great introductory post and we look forward to many, many more.

Keep it up!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I wanted a new job, "Hammer of Circuit Overseers."

• freedom96
    freedom96

I was only there to serve my time.

• minimus
    minimus

Freedom, it sounds like you were in prison.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Aspire, no. Seems I always got appointed though. Usually security.... Go figure.

Thunder

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit