Did You Ever Aspire To Be Anything Special In The Organization?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I never wanted to go to Bethel but when I was a teenager, I wondered what I would need to do to become a Circuit Overseer. I wanted to be an elder before I became a MS. Did YOU ever aspire to be a Bethelite, pioneer, elder ETC.???

• Hamas
    Hamas

I remember really wanting to go to Bethel and progress, yet I could never seriously see myself doing it. You know how when you are young you think up all these weird exciting dreams for yourself, like being a football player or something, that how it was like for me.

I remeber looking around me one sunday meeting and thinking that I could never imagine myself married to a Witness girl with lots of blonde haired blue eyed kids all reading 'My book of bible stories' and sitting at the meeting just after coming down from the platform and giving the visiting talk.

I couldn't even imagine myself taking a group study or anything like that.... thats why I had to get out. I WANTED WOMEN

• breal
    breal

I did not have the correct last name to be anything special in the congregation I grew up in...so there was no point.

• obiwan
    obiwan

I did, until life as a dub became more painfull than enjoyable.

• foreword
    foreword

Is class clown acceptable....

• minimus
    minimus

I know of some brothers that try to out-do each other in the Hall when it comes to being who's the funniest or most clever when it comes to their one-liners.

• undercover
    undercover

Invisible

• Kep
    Kep

I swallowed the whole "reaching out" sh*t they shovelled at every assembly.

I wanted to be a pioneering elder, with the hopes of circut work or gilead. My (ex)wife wanted this more so than me, but I was happy to tag along and do the hard yards.

I got half way there. So glad I never got any further....

Kep

• Scully
    Scully

For a person of the female persuasion, the glass ceiling stopped at pioneering. Anything beyond that, you had to marry into it. And if you didn't do that, the best you could hope to do was breed a few pioneers, and hope that you had enough service time and kept house well enough to be worthy of having the Book Study at your house.

It didn't matter if you were the most caring, most loving, kindest, most generous, most hospitable sister in the congregation, none of it mattered beyond your hours in service.

Love, Scully

• confuzcious
    confuzcious

Kep,

Same with me. I wanted so bad to be a CO.

And I really feel like I could have been an effective one, because I never bought into have the stuff. I guess you could say that I was very liberal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit