Are speeding tickets issused in your area???

by James Mixon 40 Replies latest jw friends

• just fine
    just fine
    Here anything over 5 over the speed limit will get you a ticket.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Great Teacher: That is the safest time to drive "bumper-to bumper.

rebel fighter:That's so funny "her bf stole her keys, have you seen her drive".

Phizzy: There are a lot of arseholes here also.

Just fine: I wish that was the case here.

• Landy
    Landy

80-85?

On a uk motorway you'd be getting flashed to get out of the bloody way ;)

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Landy: are there many accidents on your motorway??? Why are cars made to go 120mph.
  • St George of England
    St George of England

Here in the UK you can generally drive at the speed limit +10% + 3mph without problems. Thus on a motorway 80mph no problem.

However as Landy said, people drive much faster in practice; I was booked for 98 mph (£60 + 3 points). If you are caught at more than 30 mph over the limit you get a 28 day ban minimum!

George

• Landy
    Landy

Uk motorways are probably the safest roads in tbe world. Speed doesn't kill. It's inappropriate speed that's an issue.

Why shouldn't cars be capable of 120mph - that's a perfectly reasonable speed in the right circumstances.

• Landy
    Landy
    If you are caught at more than 30 mph over the limit you get a 28 day ban minimum!

That certainly used to be the case but probably less true now. If there was some aggravating factors it could happen.

You did well getting a FPN for 98 - 96 is the limit for an FPN iirc.

• Prefect
    Prefect

Speed does not kill.

Its the stopping that kills you.

• DJS
    DJS

In nearly every state the following signs or ones similar are posted on every interstate: Slower Traffic Keep Right.

If you see a BMW 328i on your bumper and you aren't in the far right lane, get the eff out of my way. That will solve 98% of your problems.

And if driving on the Interstate is more than you can manage, stay off of it.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

This is a suggestion I read to solve the problem on our American Autobahn.

"We have a harder type of driving test that has to be completed from your state and

if you pass you get a front and rear license plate that is chartreuse in color therefore

notifying the police officers of your freedom. Then if anybody blocks you while driving

it is your legal right to harpoon their vehicle or shoot out their tires. Lets add a little

more freedom to the land of the free and let natural selection weed out the stupid."

I hope this guy never get his wish. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit