The "Left Behind" book series. Has anyone read the books?

by Yizuman 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Is it me, or is it really funny how no person of faith has really engaged with the reasons I find this snuff religiography objectionable?

1/ If there was JW book series like this people would flip their lid in anger

2/ If the JW series basically had a plot line "Non-JW's even if nice people are destroyed by god>JWs are rewarded", it's functionally identical to this book series where the plot line is "Christians are rewarded by god>Non-christians even if nice people are destroyed".

3/ If an atheist wrote a book where religious people of good character were killed because they were religious, religious people would be up in arms.

4/ This is not comparable to most works of fiction as most readers believe it will happen, indeed look forward to it.

All "faith" is is opinion in a building with a cross on top and a guy with a dress on at the front holding a book (for example). Those "faiths" are just as provable as the beliefs that lead the Nazis to kill millions of Jews, just a provable as the beliefs that lead to lynchings of black people, just as provable as the beliefs that lead to gay people being killed because they are gay. In other words, NOT PROVABLE AT ALL, just opinion.

If it is wrong to say black people, or Jewish people, or gay people should be anihilated purely on the grounds of them being black, Jewish, or gay, how come it is 'okay' for religious people to get away with equivalently vile behaviour?

Hate speech and looking forward to "genocide" (organised execution of people on grounds of what they are rather than who they are) is hate speech and looking forward to "genocide", whether it is done by god or his followers.

Funny thing is some Christians will condemn fundamentalism on the part of other faiths whilst being just as fundamental in their own beliefs; here I define fundamentalism as any belief system which holds the opinion of its practitioners and any holy book as the last say in right or wrong.

I really wonder what Jesus would think? If he's half the man I hope he'd be (if he indeed existed), I think he'd by physically nauseated.

I am...

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

Well said, Abaddon!! I completely agree...

Sadie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit