Fierce controversy over pastor's remarks about Orlando attack

by opusdei1972 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Westboro Baptist Church has been a thorn on this subject for some time

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/westboro-baptist-church-anti-gay/

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This is an uneducated, dumbass, young African American preacher hoping to drum up some business and some free "air time" (just like Westboro Baptist -- Would anyone have ever heard of that po-dunk outfit if not for their "hate speech"?). WOW!

"Lookie there, Mom. I got my picture and my name on TV"

Doc

• jhine
  • Dagney
    Dagney

I watched about half of it yesterday while here at work. I am amazed at how many boxes this guy checked in my head, the familiar scriptures used in his rhetoric. So so familiar.

• steve2
    steve2

The net is currently awash with Christians of one ilk or another praising the Muslim gunman who slaughtered patrons at the nightclub in Orlando.

An impression is that these "pastors" are vying for the public's attention - so there's a kind of intention to shock at work here. Whoever can declaim in the most hard-hitting, in-your-face- way wins.

It's like an unsupervised children's party where half the kids are viciously trying to drown out each other and the other half look on in stunned silence.

All these "pastors" coming out of the woodwork prove that, when tragedy hits, maggots have a field day.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Roger "Jimenez" ...African American.

... uneducated dumbass?

😏 *ahem*

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Who is sitting in the audience listening to this guy?

Are there hate speech laws in America? That was incitement to violence surely.

But on the whole I think it's worth appreciating that while his views were commonplace a few decades ago they are now extremely marginal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit