JW's & eBay

by The Fall Guy 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I just came across a pair of JW's on eBay who are flogging off nearly 2000 "religious" items.

Is it just me, or are JW's hypocrites when they make cash by selling old light publications which now contain "wrong teachings," or much worse, by selling books etc. which were created by members of apostate Christendom and contain teachings which contradict their self-appointed "faithful slave?"

Is there a Bible example/principle here?

Oh yeah - Acts 19:19 - "Indeed, quite a number of those who practiced magical arts brought their books together and burned them up before everybody. And they calculated their value and found them worth 50,000 pieces of silver."

Isn't it perverse - JW congregations have been tossing out their library items and entrepreneurial JW's have been "acquiring" the stuff - to make money out of other JW's. Love for one another? Love for money! :(

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

How do you know they are dubs?

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

In the past, it was considered a sign of spirituality when a JW had an extensive library of JW publications at home.

I am very curious whether this will still be the case in the future. Presumably this will be seen much more as a sign of apostasy in the future.

Since the society has been making profits with the sale of the halls for many years (which also belong to the JWs and which were paid for by them), the inhibition threshold of a normal JW has completely disappeared with the sale of old publications.

The Rank&File sees how the society has initiated its own websites for the sale of cars or tools. And if possible at top prices. Cars and tools, all paid for by the "normal" JWs.

Why should you therefore feel remorse when selling old books?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Am I understanding you correctly that these JWs are selling religious books written by OTHER denominations?! If so, heck yeah that’s against the rules if it is specifically their own business venture ( as opposed to, say, employees working at a book store that happens to have a religion section ).

Thats at the very least a private reproof type situation.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

How do you know they are Jdubs? I had seen some time ago someone selling a lot of Jdub publications and other books on witchcraft, occult, religious charms.The seller was clearing out all of his grand mas attic since she passed away and was not a jdub at all but did study with them for a while n took books to read off them.

Just having Jdub publications in no way makes anyone a Jdub.

Just sayin.

Zing

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

@ stan & zing - on their eBay page, they declare that they've "been in the truth for over 50 years" and their photo shows them standing at a trolley.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, The Fall Guy

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

@ stan & zing - you have a PM.

The JW's are getting a bit irked by my subtle questions to them. They now say "We don't care to argue about this anymore." LOL - standard JW response nowadays.

There wasn't any argument, folks!

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy
    PM for you too Blondie!
  • The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

LOL - they've created a diversion by saying that there's nothing wrong with the slave commenting on Christendom's publications.

My reply:

I never said ANYHING about the slave making comments. I was simply questioning whether such material should be PASSED ON to fellow JW's - let alone SOLD FOR CASH.

Is a brother selling tobacco to earn money, any worse than a brother selling the publications of apostate Christendom?

As witnesses, we're instructed by the slave to NEVER ACCEPT LITERATURE from the folks in Christendom.

But you feel it's OK to MAKE MONEY by SELLING it to other J.W.'s? Sounds reasonable!

I'm sure your conscience is clear - it's a personal choice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit