What strange counsel did YOU GIVE to others?

by Funchback 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

compound complex:

You "thank your lucky stars"?! That's false worship!! 😉

At that birthday party were any of the students beheaded by the teacher?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think that during my entire "career" as a pioneer I conducted a grand total of TWO Home Bible* Studies. One was with a sweet little old lady who was lonely and just wanted some attention from a handsome young man. She got me instead.

The other Home Bible Study was with the two pre-teen daughters of a couple in our territory who had been disfellowshipped for an abortion she had after her then-youngest daughter was born. They already had three kids and didn't want more.

I had been a regular guest in their home for at least a year when Mom told me she needed to tell me a secret. I said "OK," and she told me that in the years since the couple had been disfellowshipped, they had other additional abortions. I wrestled with this for a few days, then went to the Congregation Overseer and told him what she told me.

I think they were disfellowshipped again. I was not asked to appear at any judicial hearings. Not too long after that I left NYC and began working on my own exit from the Watchtower cult.

There are people on this board who think I'm a schmuck.

I am, and I'll tell on you too. Count on it.

None of my "studies" ever got to the point of baptism.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot -- the sex was FANTASTIC!

*In the WTB&TS, the word "Bible" means "Watchtower publications explaining the Bible, but NEVER just the Bible itself."

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

John Free said, " the washtowel believes that a fertilised egg is a life."

It IS a life, isn't it? If it isn't, at what point and because of what event does it BECOME alive?

• Splash
    Splash

The BEST counsel came from a 1915 July WT:

Question.--If the I.B.S.A. headquarters should promulgate methods not understood or approved by us are we to apply Rev. 18:4, "Come out of her, My people," and if so, how?

Answer.--I think if the I.B.S.A. can be shown to be a section of Babylon, we all ought to get out of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit