What strange counsel did YOU GIVE to others?

by Funchback 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• dissed
    dissed

From the , 'I'm glad I didn't counsel him dept.' A sister told me her husband masturbated and wanted ME to counsel him AND remove his privileges...What I wanted to say and didn't, (like, are you giving him due) I wont say here, but, 'I told her to give him time to work out his problem'....

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

This happened while I was a teenage boy, whose knowledge about the opposite sex could have been written on the back of a postage stamp with a felt-tipped pen.

I was conducting a "Home Bible Study" with another teenage boy (slightly younger than me), when the subject came up about girls, dating, marriage and what the WTS's rules were about such things. Well, I did attempt to explain to him what I thought (and the operative word here is "thought") I knew about such matters.

Bloody Hell ! If there is one thing more bizarre than "The Blind Leading the Blind", it would have to be a blind man being led around by another guy who doesn't even realize just how blind he himself is!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I'm ashamed to say that I was a very self-righteous opinionated judgemental young prick of a brother.... as I followed the expectations placed on me by the society of an appointed brother in bethel....

To all whom I "counselled", I say sorry.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Its all so painful to look back on isn't it.

All that crap seemed to be driven in part out of following the rules and in part to make yourself feel more righteous that the "others"

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

To not partake of even the leftovers of birthday cake. To go along with an unjust disfellowshipping because it was from Jehovah. Etc. So embarrassing.

• compound complex
    compound complex

"To not partake of even the leftovers of birthday cake." -- neat blue dog

Yes, how Jehovah and the angels smiled benevolently upon the little Witness boy who took a stand in his classroom during the Halloween party, 1955. Rather than taking the easier route of leaving the classroom and waiting it out in the principal's office, he chose to be a beacon of light and truth during the unbridled revelry of little children doomed for that unlucky fate at the claws and jowls of a she bear deprived of her cubs.

I thank my lucky stars that this now old but ever true heart stood firm for Theocracy that life-altering day in class over sixty years ago . . . I refused to take even the smallest bite of the chocolate cupcake proffered me. . . .

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Due to my overzealous spirit as a JW, I hurt many Christendom relatives and friends accusing them as Babylon the Great and serving Satan. I apologize to them now, admitting my stupidity.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I saw an early 20s single brother give a public talk on marriage. I saw a 13 year old boy give a No2 talk on masterbation.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What strange counsel did YOU GIVE to others?

"Don`t Pee On The Electric Fence!"

Image result for don't whiz on the electric fence

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I had a long talk with my brother in law who, along with my sister, were very rarely at meetings anymore. I gave an upbuilding little speech about "how much Jesus has done for us, and what does he ask in return? That we learn about him and tell others about him etc etc..." it worked and he started attending meetings again.

He's now an MS.

I should've let them go, they were seemed a lot happier and less up their own asses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit