• poopie
    poopie

what do you think?

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

How do you like to help them?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

If you have a sob story for a particular individual, it could work. That being said, there are charities in many places that help people in need, x-jws included.

Otherwise, you can help people you know. For instance, I have financially helped an x-jw, but she was also my friend.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Don't beg on the internet for money.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I think the problem would be determining legitimacy.

We've had some Nigerian "Ex-JWs" who have come on here begging for money. It's pretty distasteful to read, even if you can see right through them.

• freemamaof3
    freemamaof3

Ex JWs and those who are shunned (or will be after the convention) don't need help in a way that money can fix it. We need our family. Money doesn't help mend that hole in your life. I personally think go fund me pages are tacky unless its for a victim of disease or some sort of disaster. There is plenty of assistance for those who need shelter and food and in some places like where i live they have help with utility bills if needed. Just my two cents tho. I'm a wee bit prideful and I don't like to ask people for anything.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I don't understand the entire "crowdsourcing" phenomena at all because I understand economics.

That being said, I have contributed to some crowdsourced projects at levels that took projects from "3 days away from death" to "fully funded".

The results were generally disappointing. The "artists" often seemed to lack the drive to finish the project once it was fully funded, and when the projects were finished, they had an air of great ordinariness about them.

If asked my advice, I'd say that cooking a hamburger over burning dollar bills will probably yield greater satisfaction than playing "angel" to nincompoops, but I had to learn this lesson the hard way.

Read the projects listing on KickStarter if you enjoy laughing at stupid ideas.

GoFundMe is "The Island of Lost Causes", IN MY OPINION.

"I'm sad -- send me money -- I'm STILL sad -- send me more."

• steve2
    steve2

This can only be a joke; however, in the event that it is serious, it is an unfortunately misguided suggestion.

What self-respecting person who is shunned would go running to others for funding?

• poopie
    poopie

Thanks I will take that as yes

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Um NO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit