"Go and tell someone who cares...I dont care!"

by stuckinarut2 27 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I don't usually like the confrontational approach to those on the carts, however this video is a great example of how JWs do not really care about child abuse issues!

The arrogance of this brother is disturbing....

Bear with the video. It gets really interesting around the 6 min mark, where the brother loses his cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5ChulNnYQs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Sorry, but this appears to be one of those situations where two fools met.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Stuck, i dont know... the witness asked him 3 or 4 times after the apostaclown repeated his child abuse speech ‘ok so what do you want?’ It was a reasonable question. The exjw made his speech now what did he expect...? I was wondering the same thing. All the ex would say is ‘ thats avoiding, you tell me’

Did he expect the witness to cry and say ‘oh my god this so awful!!!!’ The witness also said he wasnt aware of the case the ex cited... and why would he be? Its a case from the USA, california. Hell if it wernt for this board i wouldnt be aware and i live in the usa.

In the end it was typical gotcha style confrontation that was destined for failure. As usual it was all about the ex feeling good becuase he confronted a witness. *slow clap*. It would have really been so much more effective to ask a question or two and plants some seeds. He already aaid he harassed some other ex jws earlier in the week so he has time to kill. Go back in a week or two and follow up. Really waking people up takes effort. Being a jack ass to make yourself feel better takes no effort.

he also kept saying “your following men!” Well yea.. but as former jw’s we all know thats not what we thought and why. Someone saying it is stupid and pointless. The whole thing was typically pointless and mindnumpingly arrogant on the part of the ex. It felt like more of the same ole same ole

• cofty
    cofty

I don't think the guy was out of order at all.

I have had exactly the same experience of a JW at a cart telling me he didn't care about child abuse in the organisation. Arseholes with that attitude desreve public shaming.

Edited to add - He should have made his point and moved on. You got to know when it's over.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

The problem is that they are told these stories are apostate lies. They do not have the facts in order to have an opinion. Those who do know about it still have the "wait on Jehovah" attitude.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If you're going to accuse the society of paying 4,000 dollars a day you should really have the facts to present ie: the name of the case, the court jurisdiction and the dates involved. Just making accusations is of no value. I think people are misconstruing the witnesses statement "I don't care what you have to say" with "I don't care about the kids." Obviously he doesn't believe there is danger to the kids because its just the crazy apostate talking out of his ass. Present some details, keep it short and don't accuse him of being uncaring, that's stupid in my opinion. So long as you have no credence in his eyes he has no problem telling you "I don't care" and essentially "Sod off". Get prepared mister accuser.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

cofty,

Correct on both counts!

The guy doing most of the talking didn't exactly come over as the sharpest tool in the shed. In fact, he carried the impression of being somebody who had perhaps a fact or two at his disposal, while the rest just sort of dribbled out:

- e.g. "Andrew" Jackson - I thought he was the seventh president of the USA!

One can say all sorts of things, but unless documented evidence is presented to back it up, it is unlikely to make much of an impression (much like W.Schnell's 30 Years a Watchtower Slave).

Good entertainment for the peanut gallery, though; and if he intended to embarrass the JW guy, then he certainly succeeded!

• zeb
    zeb

see pm.

• steve2
    steve2

Well-intentioned but long-winded.

The JW raised an important question when he got a word in but the ex-JW deflected it.

• Listener
    Listener

This is about the worst type of behaviour you could witness from a middle aged man in Australia (who isn't drunk). All that's missing is "C'mon ya wanna fight?" from the poor specimen of a man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit