More Comments

by Farkel 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Simon
    Simon

There was a good programme on BBC a while back called "It Aint Necessarilly So" which discussed the stories of the bible and how they stacked up to the evidence.

All the tales of conquest and invasion just didn't tally with the evidence. What did come out was how the bible accounts have been kept alive and protected against all reason because they lend weight to political claims over land etc ...

It's all bunkum.

• KGB
    KGB

And just who are the people who write about biblical history ? Atheist and Agnostics? I would think more than likely so....NO THANKS I will continue to love and worship God and Christ and continue to keep my faith in his word the holy bible..

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Farkel, I love your point about the poop! Never thought about that, but of course there would be some kind of evidence if all of those people had passed through, pooped, died, etc. After all, new dinosaur skeletons are found on a regular basis and they lived a long time before people.

On a personal note, I'm glad to have you back, especially when you post about intellectual subjects! I think that's your forte. (Besides, Sword of Jah needs a regular trouncing and I can't be available for that all of the time.)

Nina

• jgnat
    jgnat

Who was Shakespeare?

http://shakespeareauthorship.com/

http://www.sourcetext.com/sourcebook/index.htm

...and Shakespeare’s literature is not yet 500 years old.

As we get farther from history, our confidence in what really happened is correspondingly shaken. Nevertheless, I would rather take the original words (or as close as we can get to the original) at their face value, than to transfer my confidence to the debunkers. I prefer to believe that Shakespeare was a real person, and that he really wrote his own stuff. Similarly, I prefer to take the personal accounts recorded in the bible as being close to what happened.

I regret using the word dispassionate in the same sentence with the bible. The point I was trying to make is that we cannot use the bible in it’s entirety as a manual for living. Sometimes the stories are told plain, and are not meant to be followed slavishly. I would not want a modern grieving father to quarter the body of his murdered daughter and parade her parts through the city streets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit