One of my JW friends posted this on Facebook. Totally cringeworthy!

by Divergent 44 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Just remember, even if they are truly happy they are still following a lie. In the end they will have a wasted life.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Do they realize how culty it sounds to refer to themselves as "one of" Jehovah's Witnesses rather than "a Jehovah's Witness?"

Like George Orwell '1984'newspeak It's because WT describe them this way in the mags & answering the cultline - they are so pre programmed to 'obey'they unconsciously absorbed it. Should be called 'Tower speak'

• blondie
    blondie
    Notice that jws never mention they are Christians....the bible says that by "divine providence" that Jesus' followers were known as Christians not Jehovah's Witnesses. In fact in the NT you will not find the phrase "Jehovah's witnesses" on "witnesses of Jesus." And Jesus is rarely mentioned at the door unless it is around Christmas.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I just saw a tag line on a social media page of a witness:

"if you think you are doing enough- do more!. I'm a proud JW.org"

I kid you not!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Sometimes people need to tell themselves, I'm happy as hell, trust me...

• Divergent
    Divergent
    if you think you are doing enough- do more!.

What... until you drop dead??

This is one of the reasons why I left. No matter how much I did, it was NEVER enough!!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The brainwashing is amazing.

I often have a hard time remembering that I was there not all that long ago.

Doc

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Diogenesister 15 hours ago
    Pete, this is soooo super nosey of me, I won't ask details, but how?? I mean may I just ask if his ex's were d/f'd or is that being too disloyal...oh heck just tell me to bog off...sheesh I'm such a middle aged saddo 😜
    Not to worry....curious minds want to know....

His first JW wife was 18 when they got married. He was 21 and he knew right away that it was a mistake but he was stuck. (she was nice but kind of flakey) By the time she was 23, she was realizing she hadn't even lived yet and was already married and had a child. My brother used to encourage and play up this dissatisfaction. She was very pretty but insecure even though she got a lot of attention from guys. My brother used to make sure she noticed this attention and took her places where it would happen (clubs, beach, gym, modeling jobs). He encouraged her to get breast augmentation and to wear revealing clothing. Eventually it had the desired effect and he was free but in my mind, he was the one to blame. I think given enough time she'd have been ok with the right example and encouragement. She was DF'd and never returned. She left town and headed for the modeling/entertainment industry and has been there since.

JW Wife #2 was a dark haired version of wife #1. She was 18 and he was in his early 30's by this time. I refused to be in the wedding because I knew it was a mistake. She was an Elders daughter and wanted out of the house and anyone who knew her realized this was the case. Sure enough the same thing happened. A short time into the marriage, he wanted out and went about it the same way he did with marriage # 1. Soon wife #2 ran off with someone from their gym. She was disfellowshipped, and appeared to be the guilty party. My brother was delighted. He came out of it smelling like a rose and resumed his carefree bachelor life roaming from assembly to assembly and was an active partaker of all to be had in the JW party/social circuit. He knew all the right people and the right JW things to say.

JW Wife # 3 was 22 and he was in his mid 40's by this time. She's pretty, very nice, needed a Green Card and a Daddy with a few bucks so it's worked out pretty well. She is very pampered and spoiled so we're not sure how it will go once she has to deal with his old age but so far, so good. She is only a few months older than his daughter and she is jealous of the attention he gives her. Fingers crossed on that but in the meantime, we have to put up with his annoying fake JW proclamations on facebook. Other than that....he's a Prince of a guy !

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Yes, I was a JW.

Yes, it has cult features.

Yes, it was one of my poorer choices. Although I didn't have a full appreciation of the alternatives and consequences of joining or not joining at the time.

Yes, I did find restrictive as to my time, my associations, my education and other parts of my life.

I've been the happiest I've ever been in the years since I left the JWs.

• monte-christo
    monte-christo
    testing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit