One of my JW friends posted this on Facebook. Totally cringeworthy!

by Divergent 44 Replies latest jw friends

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Both of the posts REEK of insecurity. Like they are reassuring themselves that everything is ok.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Like the wife who expects that the roses billed on the credit card were mis-delivered and that the expensive jewelry item is just being held back by her husband for a truly special event.

Any day and it will be straightened out.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Pete, just when I thought your bro was a cool JW by his not shunning you, he goes and posts something like this. Ewww!

This is what I've mentioned before in my posts about him. He makes these really "out there" super JW sounding posts and yet he cuts corners, blurs lines and fudges the rules every chance he gets. All his JW friends think he is so theocratic yet he doesn't really "get" any of it, on a deep level. He's been married 3 times to different JW women. (The women get younger every time) his current wife is 6 mos older than his daughter. He's never been so much as taken in the back room and has managed to get out of his disastrous marriages scott free. He managed to B.S his way out of them without getting disfellowshipped.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Pete, this is soooo super nosey of me, I won't ask details, but how?? I mean may I just ask if his ex's were d/f'd or is that being too disloyal...oh heck just tell me to bog off...sheesh I'm such a middle aged saddo 😜
  • Magnum
    Magnum

Your friend says "it's not a cult", but the whole thing looks so cultish. The way the people are dressed, the self-satisfied looks on their faces, the corniness, etc.

I agree with FayeDunaway; the OP and the stuff from Pete Zahut's brother do reek of insecurity. It's like they're trying to convince themselves everything's OK.

Pete Zahut:

Here's a post from my older Brothers facebook page (gag)

TODAY'S ANNUAL MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT WAS EPIC !!
    After dining the same way every week for years, and drinking my milk shake 1st. I' am about to really be encouraged how to take in spiritual food on Wed. nights; meat 1st, chewing each piece slowly and really digesting it well. Instead of the same few eating correctly each week, we all will have the utensils and format to finally get to that tasty 100% Grade A Meat in the 1st bite.

• Exciting times ahead
    • Watched the Demo last night....feel a lot better now.
    • It was the best meeting ever !!
    • The news gets brighter and brighter as we go....Wonderful!

That is gag inducing. There is nothing meaty about material at JW meetings. This is a sample of why I don't want to be a JW.

• Saintbertholdt
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    god bless. As long as their happiness does not infringe on my happiness.
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Saintbertholdt.....Priceless!!!
  • tiki
    tiki

Amazing...I find it hard to believe that people are so deluded. I was born in and stuck.in that bad place for way too long...but never ever did I gush about how great it was...

Guess I never was all that convinced....the zahut brother blurb is just so so over the top crazy....unreal.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Do they realize how culty it sounds to refer to themselves as "one of" Jehovah's Witnesses rather than "a Jehovah's Witness?"

Probably not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit