Kick The Bucket JW Style!

by Atlantis 20 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It is never conspicuous and always blends in to any setting and therefore fulfils its brief in a discreet and tasteful manner.

'fulfils its brief'... ???

Is this a misprint or can someone here who speaks British English explain what 'fulfils it brief" means.

If I was translating it into American English, I would call it a man 'fitting into his underwear comfortably'.

I doubt that was the intent, but then with the Brits, who knows.

Rub a Dub

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Now that I think about it, if someone 'fulfils its brief" ... and you think about it after it happens in the past tense, that would be 'fullfilled its brief' or 'his brief was fulfilled."

Sounds oddly like someone shit his pants in a room without anyone else knowing it ... fulfilled his brief. Or someone looking at the back of your pants and tapping you on the shoulder and saying 'your brief looks fullfilled'.

Just saying.

Rub a Dub

• LV101
    LV101

They have to be much like the JWs - about the 3rd or 4th paragraph down it says something like a funeral should be simple, supportive without being ostentatious or seeking to glorify the person who passed (don't mention the poor stiff who contributed to the cult) -- yep, they have the cult's outline down. Why would any JW hire them when the elders have the cult's lines and JW script. Aren't JW funerals without caskets and flowers - maybe a few, minimal, bouquets. So cold and gray.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Is there an optional ‘Resurrection Package’?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Company Slogan:

"Sending JW Loved Ones to Where the Need is Graver "

Their competition must be "stiff" because as part of their service they even go so far as to to intercept solicitations from other religions who peruse the local obituaries looking for possible new recruits.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

RWith online books the book cover business has gone bust

As for traditional Victorian funerals, I like them. Do all the pomp and stuff, cry a lot, get over it. Dont try to avoid the subject

Best funeral I went to was catholic, whole deal, rosary, mass, burial. Bagpipes too. Runners up were another catholic, Presbyterian, and Methodist. Worst were jw, not rehearsed well, dry, and preachy. I think people go for the food at the re reception and connecting with seldom seen friends,

I catch hell for going, but it is supposed to be for the family. I have even sung amazing grace because it is a pretty song

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    stan livedeath15 hours ago
    Xanthippe

What! That allows them to charge £1475 for a funeral! No morals at all.

aah--yes youre kidding of course

Stan, I wasn't kidding I just had a memory lapse. I completely forgot my husband's funeral cost £3000 too. It's a ridiculous amount of money isn't it, complicated by writing in his will he wanted a non-religious service and a burial. So I had to hire a room in a hotel for the service.

I've written in my will my daughter can do whatever she wants when I die. Funerals can be such a burden can't they?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Don't blame the dubs for this one ....

""We live and work by a strict moral code based on the word of God and the Bible which shares many common principles with the Jehovah’s Witness faith although we have no affiliation with any religious domination."

So they are an outside company that have spotted a business opportunity. Their prices seem cheap by UK standards.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

If you know you're going to snuff it, I guess you could always do a pre-paid job on a credit card. They're hardly likely to chase you for the money - are they?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

BluesBrother:

Yes, I think Blues hit the nail on the head with this one. A company taking an opportunity to make some money. I would think it would provide for more donation opportunities.

Atlantis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit