Unique Words and Expressions Of Jehovah’s Witnesses

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

“Worldly” was a word regularly used until I think in the 80s when it was discouraged because it sounded too judgmental.

”Marked” was another JW word that was regularly used as a punishment if you didn’t follow Watchtower directions.

• solomon
    solomon

Secular job

Secular education

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jehovah`s Witnesses do not have a clergy Class in their religion .

Except when they are in a Court Room .

Jehovah`s witnesses do not lie ,

except when they are using Theocratic warfare.

"The Truth" ,

when they continually deceive the people.

• Biahi
    Biahi

So true, Smiddy!

• wolverines
    wolverines

Friends, worldly, pure language, other sheep, mother, buy out the opportune time, make it your own, they call us scum but scum rises to the top, This good news of the kingdom, torture stake,True Christians,the truth, Disfellowshipped, system of things, Kingdom ministry, other sheep,144000,governing body, anointed class, Faithful and discrete slave, auxiliary pioneer, new light, independent thinking, shepherding call, great crowd, little flock, judicial committee, bad association, Apostate

• minimus
    minimus

When you see all these expressions you can’t help but see that this religion is a cult. Only cultists speak this way

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

This is what irks me about the word "practical." When I got my drivers license in 1978 I wanted to buy a car. It wasn't that unusual where I lived for 16 year old kids to buy a first car a such a young age back then. Kind of a rite of passage. Anyway, I found the car I wanted. A 1968 Ford Ranchero being sold by an old guy. He had bought it new and took great care of it. If I remember correctly, it had less than 70,000 miles on it and the price was $750 dollars (about $3,000 in 2020 dollars). I had the money and earned it by mowing lawns, shoveling snow, working for farmers, and other things. This is a 1967 Ford Ranchero:

1967 Ford Ranchero | Ideal Classic Cars LLC

My parents refused to let me buy it. The reason? It's not practical! A year later my parents bought a car for my use, a 1966 Ford Galaxy 500, very "practical."

OLD PARKED CARS.: Wire Wheels & Vinyl Tops: 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 ...

Any ideas why the Ranchero was not practical, but the Galaxy 500 was? Anybody? If you guessed "field service" (another jw expression) you are correct! Cars needed 4 doors for field service. Looking back, the Galaxy had a huge back seat and if I hadn't been such an indoctrinated jw youth, that huge back seat would have been very practical indeed.

• Incognito
    Incognito

Fleshly Brother, Sister etc vs Spiritual Brother & Sister

'The Friends'

'In the Truth'

Theocratic

Rendezvous

Gatherings

Judicial Committee (previously known as 'The Committee')

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

'spiritual brother' , LOL

• Overrated
    Overrated

Happlified, another word that is cringe worthy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit