If you are reading this Courtney and Helene

by newsheep 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• newsheep
    newsheep

Please please contact us by private messaging us. We didn't know what to put this under so sorry in advance but this is why we are here. Courtney was a CO serving in another country when his father was dying. At his father's funeral in Waterloo, On Courtney got up to say a few words like the rest of his siblings.

On goes the screen and then Courtney starts off with how his niece was raped years earlier by someone in the org. She had gone to the elders but was told to keep quiet. Not long after she was wrongfully df'd( no doubt for not keeping quiet). He then went on about how the org was hiding things from their followers such as the pedophile problem and the payouts. Letters to CO's only were also on the screen and then a bunch of elders came running up to the platform to shut off the screen and shut down the mikes.

This all took place on Dec 1 of this month in Waterloo, Ontario. If you are reading this please private message us. There were over five hundred at Clarence Clarke's funeral along with many on line from coast to coast listening. It's too bad this happened at the fathers funeral however the family has been put through hell in different congregation throughout the years. No doubt Courtney has seen a lot and told to keep his nose clean and not be able to help the lowly ones cries.

We never know why or how things come about but when one snaps under pressure we can not judge that person. Right after this was done, a local needs was given in surrounding halls and they really smeared Courtney's name saying how it was all lies and to expect this from within the congregations. Then they read Acts whatever to verify the incident.

This man would have lost everything from the time he was up on that stage and forever. I sure hope this was all planned out a long time ago and there is someone out there for you Courtney and Helene. You family doesn't live far from us so if you need anything and your in the area like I said please message us.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Courtney, if you are on here.

I don't know you or your story but man did that ever take some balls to do. I love people with backbone!!! Good for you. We need more people like you!!!

Hope you are doing ok!

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

What a lad.

I have ALOT of time for that.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

All of us here will wish Courtney & Helene the very best as they start out on a new life - freed from the org's crushing shackles. May they get as much support as they need, now that they're on their own.

They must have been suffering as they woke up to dark side of the WTBTS.

The JW machine goes into its usual attack mode - shoot the messenger, but don't address what he said. (because it'll probably be true!)

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

@newsheep you might also find them if u post on Reddit- just fyi

• zeb
    zeb

To have seen the faces of those elders when the information went upon the screen...

My condolences to Courtney and Helene on your loss.

Live long and prosper in wisdom and health.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Bump this thread.

New sheep give our love to this brave, honest man. It takes courage AND LOVE FOR YOUR FELLOW MAN to do that. How it must have hurt to be forced to use his father's funeral but I'm guessing it's because of maximum exposure.

We all wish you the best.

• Darth FayDehr
    Darth FayDehr

Courtney and Helene: you are heroes here! Your audience awaits you...showing those CO letters here will not result in three henchmen attempting to stifle you.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

The death of a parent often brings reality right down on your head and Courtney must have felt he could no longer fight it.

Welcome to the forum newsheep, I hope you find them.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Newsheep... thank you for sharing.

I think it's hilarious that elders in Waterloo, Ontario are currently scrambling around doing damage control over this innocent but truthful eulogy.

I wonder how many other COs would just love to speak their minds like Courtney!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit