The Reasoning Book

by Magnum 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gorb
    Gorb

I remember that I did not like this book. The book with all the answers. Pfff.

And now, jw's don't know anything admit this.

G.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    The WTS has a history of rewriting their publications to conform with current teachings.

Superb!

My jw entrenched family hates old jw literature almost as much as they hate apostates!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

The reasoning book was the holy grail. You never left home without it. I was pioneering during all the 80's In your service case the reasoning book took priority. Now it's discarded like the piece of shite that it really was. I see from the website that it's available online.

• Ding
    Ding

I'm sure many JWs kept the Reasoning book hidden in their Bibles so they could look at it without alerting the householder to the fact that they were just parroting Watchtower statements.

I suspect the book was as small as it was for that very purpose.

After leaving the organization, a friend of mine called it "a portable ammunition dump of Watchtower theology."

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Iā€™m pretty sure there is a difference in the Blood section between editions because I remember an elder being embarrassed about it when we read the section in a field service group and different people had different wording in their copies. That was an odd thing to be reading at a service group but we seemed to do that sort of thing back then.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

When I was new on this forum back around 2009,,, there was an elders letter & a push for the pubs( victims) to return old literature to the KH.

Haha!! Too bad so sad.

Those books are mine. My property. You'll never get them from me!!! NEVER.!!!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    'm sure many JWs kept the Reasoning book hidden in their Bibles so they could look at it without alerting the householder to the fact that they were just parroting Watchtower statements.

Yes Ding they did. I know of pioneers that had the reasoning book bound to their bible

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I remember being in FS around the summer just before 9/11. An elder in hia car was so proud to have the Reasoning book bound to his bible.

I asked him "where did you get that done?"

He responded something about most print shops can do it.

I asked how much?

He responded ""you'll have to see".

Um. Ok. I never got around to doing that.

Lol.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"I remember being in FS around the summer just before 9/11. An elder in hia car was so proud to have the Reasoning book bound to his bible.

"I asked him "where did you get that done?"

"He responded something about most print shops can do it.

"I asked how much?

"He responded ""you'll have to see"."

What a dick! šŸ™„ Was he being elitist? Maybe he thought you were scoping out how much he could afford to spend on frivolities. Or he wasn't going to encourage you to join the"big boy's club" with him.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Yes Ding they did. I know of pioneers that had the reasoning book bound to their bible

Sneaky ones those pioneers. I kept boxes of old mags in my trunk while I was pioneering. Used them on poor unsuspecting apartment dwellers. We set up ambushes in the laundry rooms. At least that is what I thought. In reality, they were a lot smarter than my family and they just put them in the trash where they belong.

It all seems so silly now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit