Will You Get Back To Normal After Covid Subsides?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Some say we will never get back to pre-pandemic days. Others say we should expect to live with masks and social distancing as the “new normal “. Still others are hopeful that we can live life realizing there might never be an end to Covid or cancer or influenza but our lives must continue to go on.

I will say I always went out on Friday and Saturday nights to meet with friends listening to music and drinks and food. In the last year, except for the last few months, I might have gone out on a Saturday night knowing everything closed up early and was back home before 9 pm. It’s almost like I’ve lost my desire to congregate with these people I’ve known for years. Maybe I’m just getting old.🥃🥃

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I'm sick of masks. As soon as we don't have to wear them, mine is coming off. I'll be vaccinated in a few weeks anyway. I don't wear one now unless I have to anyway (work, public transport).

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Oh sure I'm quite confident governments will lift social restrictions once the greater population is vaccinated and the positive cases come down to almost nothing.

I dont believe this virus is going away completely though out the global human population.

Lets put it this way, they are going to have to or there is going to be trouble for them if they dont. ( ie. protests, riots )

Sooner or later the Covid virus experience will go down in history as one big major screw up caused by ignorant people bringing live or dead wild animals (Bats) into a public market place.

China has supposedly banned that or made it unlawful now ........good !

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Normal------->

OPEN BORDERS

DE-FUND POLICE

CANCEL CULTURE

TAX RAISE

CLOSE ALL PRISONS AND LET HARD CORE CRIMINAL FREEEEEEEE

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/california-releasing-63-000-violent-felons-back-onto-the-streets-in-effort-to-create-safer-prisons/ar-BB1ggg77

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Somebody's not happy about our opinions, haha.

• waton
    waton

subsides? I liked the subsidies. keep 'em coming.

• a watcher
    a watcher

I would love to go back to normal as soon as the secular and spiritual lockdowns end.

• minimus
    minimus

Rocket man, I don’t think bats caused Covid

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

It’s been confirmed that the outbreak stemmed from a wholesale meat market in Wuhan. The virus was found in the area where live animals were kept, according to a 2020 articleTrusted Source from the journal Microbiology Australia.

This doesn’t mean that the virus began in the market, though. It only means the market played a role in spreading the virus. In fact, a 2020 studyTrusted Source in the Lancet found that 14 of the first 41 people confirmed to have COVID-19 didn’t visit the market. This suggests there are other sources.

According to a study shared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), it’s possible that bats with the new coronavirus were introduced to the market. This might have allowed recombination, or viruses exchanging genetic material to create a new virus.

Therefore, bats may have played a role in the COVID-19 outbreak
  • Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

. Infectivity experiments were undertaken with HeLa cells expressing or not expressing ACE2 from humans, bats, civets, pigs and mice, and the results confirmed that SARS-CoV-2 virus was able to use entry receptors on all ACE2-expressing cells other than mice5. Molecular modelling has indicated that the binding affinity of SARS-CoV-2 to ACE-2 may be even higher than that of SARS-CoV and it may therefore be more efficient at infecting human cells17. Evidence from the sequence analyses clearly indicates that the reservoir host of the virus was a bat, probably a Chinese or Intermediate horseshoe bat, and it is probable that, like SARS-CoV, an intermediate host was the source of the outbreak

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit