Subliminal POMO image at JW.org

by Smiles 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton
    even if WT is doing it as a PR stunt, the people involved are doing something good for others and only completely jaded people would not believe they care about the suffering.

. Nobody on this thread is berating the workers, their devotion. Like in many religions, and free helpers, people are working to do good. perhaps 10 million people are being helped, with joy, during this new episode of inhumanity. -by these many unsung heros-.

what is sickening about wt is, that everything has to be callously harnessed to their "organisation" propaganda maschine. such as the example of

the prophetic admonishing of Jesus to do humanitarian work, to care for the sick, the hungry, the persecuted , in Math. 25., --- that wt, incredibly ties, limits exclusively - to work in their endless "campaigns" .

how jaded callous can you get?

• Smiles
    Smiles

@"peacefulpete"

Are you still a little bit mentally-in?

Don't be a cult apologist.

That's like praising a paedophile for buying cookies from a children's charity.

You said it yourself... WT truly harms lives.

No amount of "good" deeds can ever balance the scale of unnecessary suffering & death caused by WT doctrine/policies.

We've learned WT "humanitarian efforts" always have ulterior motives... narcissistic love-bombing. That, in itself, poses a harm to naïve observers, AND is eventually harmful to WT.

For what its worth, even the bible warns:

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven." - Matthew 6:1

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    Are you still a little bit mentally-in?

You don't know me obviously. I've been out long enough to no longer feel wounded and angry. I stand by the comment that the optics of mocking and fault finding when they are doing something constructive and helpful are poor, even off-putting. This is a religion, one of countless religions that exert undue influence. If some of that influence is steered toward helping others, I say we encourage it. The best we can hope is that they evolved into a Salvation Army.

• Smiles
    Smiles

@apologistpete

I have no interest in getting to know characters that post comments in defense of WT cult theatrics.

What we do know about you is that your parents are active food box schlepping cult members, which you only lightly criticized; yet you come here now to play WT advocate for the cult stacking some supply boxes in a staged propaganda photo.

Don't be a WT apologist just because your JW parents perform culty "good" deeds.

Pete's JW Parent's Phoney Food Bank

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6210719212109824/jw-food-bank#5124205350748160

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Wow....lots of heat. I encourage you to read the comments in the link you post. I was asking if anyone knew the program and the source of the goods my sick aged parents had received a box from. I have spent 20 years here opposing cult control and uncritical religious thinking. I grew in understanding and as a person during that time as well. My chosen name Peacefulpete is to remind me that people and situations are always more complicated than simple "Black or White". So, while I personally believe the world would be better without divisive and apocalyptic religions, I also know they are attractive to many otherwise nice people. Therefore, IMO the more religions like the WT adapt toward mainstream, charitable churches the better.

Meanwhile those who have left the religion look like humans too.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

BTW Smiles I liked your first thread 19 years ago.

You "apostates" encourage me!

• Smiles
    Smiles

Peetie Sweetie, stop. Just stop.

Your passive perspectives enable antitherapeutic trauma-bonding.

Trollish comments that imply the abusive WT cult somehow deserves a pat on the back are repugnant, indefensible, and could potentially tip undecided observers back into the cult trap.

Do you fantasize that we "apostates" will rally around your apologistic soft-talk?

If you sympathize with our former abuser... Expect more heat, Pacifist Pete.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Today in fact I just received a call inviting me back to the university to discuss the JW religion in a religious studies class. I had to decline due to health, but I was invited to join in a podcast which I might just yet do. I've twice before spoke at that class and one previous in another setting. I discussed the history and basic tenets and how the religion affects the lives of people. I pull no punches regarding the hurt it has caused mine and millions of other families. The students listen surprisingly intently. Questions afterward were usually about the abusive aspects of the religion. I feel I'm only being invited back because of my controlled demeaner and tone. Had I approached the topic with words like "abusive cult" I doubt I would have been received well but be seen as a disgruntled crackpot. Sometimes the "speak softly but carry a big stick" approach is more effective.

• Smiles
    Smiles

Have it your way PassivePete... Keep on tip toeing thru the tulips with your mint-condition big stick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit