JW food bank?

by peacefulpete 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

My parents local congo has been participating is a food box program. Apparently the food is coming from a Janesville hub and given to JWs only. Does anyone know the source of the food? Is this a "Farmers to Families" program? Nonprofits can apply to become public distributors but that sounds pretty uncharacteristic for the WT. Also as I said they are not donating the boxes to nonJWs, which is a violation of the contract with the FDA if they are being supplied by the Government. Any one know more or if this is a Worldwide/Nationwide program?

• Fadeaway1962
  • peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Thanks for the link. I asked my JW father today regarding the source of the food, he was sure the WT had provided it. When I asked if the food might be distributed to neighbors, the response was a derisive, "of course not."

• OnTheOutside
    OnTheOutside

My PIMI spouse's congregation gets theirs from Janesville also. It is the USDA Farmers to Families program. Surprisingly the letter from POTUS Trump was in there. I would have suspected one from the GB.

Two weeks ago, we went to the KH to pick one up. We drove up and outside someone placed it in our vehicle. No contact. Tomorrow we are supposed to get another one but instead they will be delivering it to our residence. It would seem more efficient for people to go pick it up and just deliver to the homebound. Did some higher-up put the kibosh on using the KH for pickup?

• carla
    carla

2 Cheeseheads on one thread! (now three) small world. I mentioned to my jw that the boxes were not from the kh but rather a federal program of some sort and after some hemming and hawing he agreed that was so. Apparently some jw's seem to know this.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The paradise videos dont have moldy fruit. Despite e their bragging the churches, mormons, and secular outfits are way ahead on efficiency and serving needs

• OnTheOutside
    OnTheOutside

As expected today, the food box was delivered to our house. Again through the USDA Farmers to Families program. It contained 2% milk, Yoplait bagged yogurt, Salisbury steak patties, chicken patties, apples, onions, cheese slices and potatoes. It also contained the same POTUS Trump letter plus Yogurt instructions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit